cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

first article inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has anyone successfully implemented first artlicle inspection during manufacturing ?

Also during purchase order receipt we can have first article inspection via the Q info record. This workss fine to have the 0101 inspection type for teh first article. However if the first article inspection lot is not dispositioned, the system does not allow me to receive subsequent lots.It says "No inspection lot can be opened for vendor and material".  Is it possible to allow the system to allow subsequent receipts to take place though the first article is open ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi GS,

What do you mean by first article inspection during manufacturing ?

You create first production order for a material (SFG/FG) and completes the production order make the GR..stock goes in to quality with inspection lot generation..Now till the time this first inspection lot is cleared system should not allow create/release the second production order for the same material..

is this the requirement ????..

if yes... then it is not possible in standard SAP...you need to go for some enhancement...

if no...elaborate your requirement in detail...

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

In configuration remove status, create an inspection lot and try. I am not sure this will work, but try once.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what ? can you elaborate what you mean ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to SPRO Quality Management QM in Procurement Define Status Profiles  remove the status and see.

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen that and know it very well.....I have set up first article inspection for purchase receipts. I am asking about manufacturing inspections first article. Plese read my post carefully. Also the receiving first article inspections blocks subsequesnt receipts (again...read my post carefully) until it is dispositioned. I want first artcle which is still open to allow me to receive further lots.