cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD architecture for NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day all,

I have a question regarding the usage of the SLD for the NWDI landscape.

We are in the phase of implementing NWDI for our Java and Web Dynpro transports for both Portal and BI systems. Our Central SLD system is based on a dual stack installation. The original architecture was to use this SLD also for NWDI (which means that the software components and name reservation would reside on this SLD instead of NWDI's local SLD). However, during the configuration we found out that both NWDI system users and all developers would need to have the same User ID and password on both the SLD and the NWDI system. This is a problem since we can point the UME of the portal to an LDAP store but we want to keep the UME of our central Dual Stack SLD to the ABAP database. (which means that we would have to synchronize the users and passwords manually).

Because of these problems and the fact that we are planning to use the NWDI system in the future as a business NWDI (for all departments) which means that we expect a lot of developers on this system, we decided to use the local SLD for NWDI. This means that all portal and BI systems still registers themself on our central SLD but that the name reservation and software components reside on the NWDI Local SLD.

My question is, do we need to synchronize the local SLD with our Central SLD. We are planning to keep it seperate from each other if there is no dependency for synchronizing them.And is it a problem if the NWDI system will not be connected to our central SLD while all systems it supports (portal and BI) do register at the central SLD and not on the NWDI SLD.

Kind Regards,

Nico van der Linden

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

See if the following thread is of any help:

Bye

Ankur

Reward points if it helps!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is a very good bolg on SLD and its archiceture.There are two parts to it.

Part 1: /people/naveen.kumarh/blog/2007/02/28/discovering-sld-part-1 .

Part2: /people/naveen.kumarh/blog/2007/02/28/discovering-sld-part-2

Just go through it.Is very good

Reward points if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur and Rajat,

These were helpfull links but do not solve my question. My question is, if I connect multiple portal and BI systems to a central SLD and use a local SLD for the NWDI system (because I want to use LDAP users for the development and the central SLD is storing users in a ABAP Database) Is it then necessary to connect this local SLD to the Central SLD.

As far as I see it, the local SLD is only used for storing Software Components and Namereservations. Is it ok/supported if these do not exist on the Central SLD system to which all systems are connected?

Kind Regards,

Nico...