Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to RPM_ITEM_DETAILS_CFG not reflected

former_member187668
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I changed the application configuration RPM_ITEM_DETAILS_CFG and launched the WDA application, but the changes are not reflected. I can clearly see the configuration id in the end of WDA URL. I made changes to all the variants and tried changing button texts, tab headings etc. But none of the changes are reflected either in portal or in standalone WDA application.

Am I missing any thing?

(originally posted this question in FPM forums, but moving it to here as it seems relevant to PPM also)

Regards,

Ravikanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rabikiran_sahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravikanth,

Please let me know if you have copied the Component Configuration as well as application configuration both into Z or Y .

Did you try at Component Configuration level RPM_ITEM_DETAILS_OIF ,  for the webdynpro component FPM_OIF_COMPONENT??

Thanks,

Rabi

former_member187668
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I changed the configuration RPM_ITEM_DETAILS_OIF directly (its a sandbox system). It didn't work.

I then started testing in WDA from browser instead of portal. I launched the dashboard url https://host:port/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/inm_workcenter_app

and then click on the item. It opens the following url

https://host:port/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/rpm_item_details?APPL_TYPE=RPM&PORTFOLIO_ID=&PORTFOLIO_GUID=5...

You can clearly see the config id RPM_ITEM_DETAILS_CFG in the end.

I then launched the application in admin mode (by adding sap-config-mode=X to url). Right clicked on name field went to "settings for current configuration" changed the width to 100% and saved the customization to a transport request.

When I test the url again I don't see my changes.

What ever approach I followed didn't work. Is there some post activity we have to do after making the customization?

Regards,

Ravikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Ravikanth

Are you overwriting the standard configuration using key? Did it not ask you for an object key?

Usual approach is adding a configuration variant in the customizing mode.

And the next step would be mapping the variant to the right Portfolio type in IMG config.

**** When I test the url again I don't see my changes.****

What URL are referring to here? Once you do the configuration, you should check in the Item Detail in Portal/NWBC as the Configuration variants (standard/Custom) are mapped to Portfolio Types.

Thanks,

Vasu

former_member187668
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

Thanks for you reply. New variant approach didnt work. Thats why I chose a straight forward approach and changed the standard configuration (it didn't ask for key).

Testing the url again means, testing the WDA application directly. Testing for portal also didn't work.

Is there any setting in the system to switch off customization etc?

Regards,
Ravikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravikanth,

I recommend checking if the Standard variant (RIH_EDIT) is mapped to the Portfolio Type (for the Portfolio item you are testing).

You can check it in t-code SPRO.

SAP PPM-> Portfolio Management-> Process and Service Settings -> Navigation Settings -> Define Object Context for Navigation

Also, please check SAP Note - 1574818 if you haven't already.

Regards,

Vasu

former_member187668
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

Thanks for your reply. We did the variant approach but it didn't work. I checked the note, it was helpful. I realized we were missing note 1566584 and implemented it. But unfortunately even it didn't work.

Regards,

Ravikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ravikanth

Have you created a Z config componant? or modified the standard? If you have created a Z config componant you will have to make necessary changes to portal roles used for launching PPM as well as Launch pad settings (tcode LPD_CUST).

Thanks

Saurabh