SAP for Healthcare Discussions
Foster discussions about patient care, cost reduction, and operational excellence in healthcare organizations using SAP. Join the conversation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMD documentation needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

This is my first week working with PMD's and I have no previous experience in the field.

I'd like to know if any of you might have a tutorial about PMDs.

I found this link in SAP Help, but it'd be great if I could find a more friendly manual about this.

Clinical Document Categories - Extended Basic Data - SAP Library

I've been searching on google, but I couldn't find anything.

I'll appreciate if you could post any kind of information about PMDs.

Thanks,

Regards

Fabian Gomez

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fabian,

there really isn't a lot to go on. I can recommend the official training materials that you get when taking the courses at Siemens' - and as far as I know, these are the only materials besides the official on-line documentation that have been translated to English (I might be wrong, and if I am, I'd like to know :-)). It may not surprise you that, having visited a few non-german customers, I found German dictionaries on most of the PMD developer's tables... 🙂

Best regards

Volker Wegert

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fabian,

there really isn't a lot to go on. I can recommend the official training materials that you get when taking the courses at Siemens' - and as far as I know, these are the only materials besides the official on-line documentation that have been translated to English (I might be wrong, and if I am, I'd like to know :-)). It may not surprise you that, having visited a few non-german customers, I found German dictionaries on most of the PMD developer's tables... 🙂

Best regards

Volker Wegert

0 Kudos

Hi Volker Wegert,

Indeed, it seems that there's almost nothing about PMDs, but I thought that this lack of information was only for spanish language. I didn't think it was the same for any language

Well I think I should keep reading SAP documentation...

By the way, do you know if Siemens´s training material are available online?

Thanks!

Regards,

Fabian Gomez

0 Kudos

Fabian,

if you're still looking for information and are willing to learn a bit of technical German (you have to to debug much of the PMD code anyway:-)), you may want to take a look at i.s.h.med PMD-Buch - the books are written in German, sorry...

Best regards

Volker Wegert

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Volker! I'll take a look

It doesn't matter if it's german or even swahili... any documentation is appreciated , and thanks to google, I'm able to understand the concepts

Regards and thanks again!!

Fabian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fabian,

Indeed, it seems that there's almost nothing about PMDs, but I thought that this lack of information was only for spanish language. I didn't think it was the same for any language

It's the same for every language, including German 😞

By the way, do you know if Siemens´s training material are available online?

As far as I know, it isn't even sold separately - you can only get it by attending one of the courses.

Best regards

Volker

0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Volker!

Looks like, I have to keep learning through the SAP Help....

Regards!!

Fabian

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same problem. I am working with PMD, but is very difficult to find information. Somebody know link or manual where i can learnt about this field.

Thanks

Yanira

0 Kudos

Hello,

there are my books that I've already linked to above, but they are in German only for the time being, sorry. If that is an option for you, they should be relatively easy to obtain. Otherwise, if you have a specific question, feel free to ask.

Best regards

Volker Wegert