Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically connecting Docs LInks to PR line item in ME51N

channu_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are using ECC6.0 with EHP6 package and implement MM system. We got a requirement as below.

When User enter any material in ME51N and press enter , we need to automatically load the "related"  DMS documents on the basis of some Business roles from the Document Server.  When I checked,currently  user has to click on the "Document" button and search it ,then add it..But we need to do the same thing automatically.

When I searched found that this is happening in

Class LCL_REQ_ITEM_GRID

Method LINKED_DMS_DOCUMENTS

But not understand how can we achieve our requirement..

Is it possible to achieve this  in ME51N?

If Yes, how can we do ,,is there any exit present ?

Kindly let me know if any one have idea on this.

Thanks and Regards

CB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Channappa,

Object linking in ME51N works as follows. You can link DIR's to Line item and not material.

Both linking are done in different ways.

You link following documents to a material master such as design Drawing, Maintainence procedure, Manuals and drawing which is specific to a material.

You link following documents to Purchase order or PR line item which various with every PRor PO such as Material Specifications, Detail Design or internal design document.

Now you can attach same documents to PR/PO line item or Material master based on your business.

If you want automatic apply all DIR linked to Line item in PR/PO, Then this is not possible through standard fucntionality.

My Solution-Wild Guess. Check if on Save you have any BADI ot User exit in PR/PO. You can create a FM which will run on save and fetch all Material Line items and apply all Object links from Material Master to Line item. For this you need to go through BAPI's available for SAP DMS.

Hope this helps you.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

channu_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

Thanks a lot for quick response,, yes even mee too thinking of the same.. just wanted to know is there any exact "Exit" provided by SAP for this..

thanks

CB

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Channappa,

I dont have idea on UserExit on Save for PO/PR. Can you check in MM forums.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Channappa,

Understood your requirements, but first you need to have a linkage between material and the DIR in DMS. If that is available, then you link the PR line item of a material to the DMS DIR.

Do you have that?

Regards,

Ravi

channu_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Yes ,we have the link between material and Doc in the DMS,,but   now my requirement is "When user enter the line item ,then instead of  manually he goes to  "Documents" button and connect the docs, I need to do it automatically on the basis of some business roles.

So  query  is now  how can I do it automatically by reading the tables

• DRAD - Document-Object Link

DRAW - Document Info Record.

Is there any exit present ?

Thanks

CB