Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC for HTML: Warning with IE 10

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I open NWBC for HTML in IE 10, I get a warning saying "The standards mode is not supported for document modes less than 8 (Note 1970689)".

If I hit 'Ignore', everything is fine. How can I get rid of this error?

Thanks

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had raised a message with SAP and they suggested to apply 2008196 - SAP NWBC ABAP Runtime Patch 38. This has solved the issue.

Thanks everyone.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this :

1. in Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
  2. In the Internet Options dialog box, on the Security tab, click Custom Level.
  3. In the Security Settings dialog box, do the following:

Miscellaneous>Access data sources across domainsSelect Enable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, what document mode is IE10 trying to use? Press F12 button and take a look. Make sure you are not forcing IE to use Quirks mode via compatibility mode settings.

Hth,

Simon

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simon,

IE is trying to use "IE8 Standards". If I change it to "Standards" I do not have any problem. But obviously I do not want user to change it every time they use the NWBC.

I added parameter sap-ie EDGE for NWBC_LAUNCH node. Still no luck.

Compatibility settings are empty and no checkbox checked.

I am on 740 SP5 and already applied

SAP Note 1970427  - SAP GUI for HTML: Rendering problems

SAP Note 1926394 - SAP GUI for HTML: Rendering mode update

Any clues?

Thanks in advance

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using the "old" NWBC runtime or the "new" UI2 runtime? Does the URL contain /sap/bc/ui2/nwbc or just /sap/bc/nwbc?

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried all three approaches.

1. UI2 link

2. Original link outside UI2

3. TCode NWBC

I see the same effect and same error in all three.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the note it mentions adding the sap-ie=Edge parameter to the URL... did you try that?

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I tried that too. But it did not help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

With NW740 SP05 the standards document mode should be the default. Make sure the Compatibility View is not forced by IE for intranet sites, it would override the document mode set by AS ABAP.

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Samuli,

Compatibility Mode is fine. There are no websites mentioned and no checkboxes checked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check the NWBC_CFG (or the UI2 one), does it have FORCE_BROWSER_STANDARD_MODE set? See SAP note 1898981 for details. I'm thinking there must be a conflict meaning one level is setting standards mode whereas another one isn't. You need to use transaction /UI2/NWBC in order to launch NWBC for HTML 3.6 which defaults to standards mode.

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I launched transaction /UI2/NWBC and it is still the same.

I have SAP_UI 740-SP6. Is that NWBC 4.0 or 3.5?

I have attached screenshot of NWBC_CFG here.

Still no luck.

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I found that I have NWBC 4.0. So note 1898981 is not relevant for my system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

4.0 refers to NWBC for Desktop, the client. In case of NWBC for HTML, there are two versions of the runtime, 3.5 and 3.6. If you use transaction NWBC, table NWBC_CFG is used (3.5). If you use transaction /UI2/NWBC, tables /UI2/NWBC_CFG* are used (3.6).

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But i see an entry in /UI2/NWBC_CFG too...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The default entry is relevant only for SAPUI5 applications. Since you see the error with transaction /UI2/NWBC which uses the 3.6 runtime and defaults to standards mode, I'm thinking it must be something else. Do you get the error on all computers with IE10?