cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backflushing serialised components with REM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am aware of OSS note 100621 and therefore I know that SAP do not provide a process for backflushing serialised components in REM!  

However, I was wondering whether there a bespoke alternative or work-around process for backflushing serialised components during repetitive manufacturing?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

UmeshMali4994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,,

Please refer this document

Serial Number For Component

I am not sure this document helpful or not in your scenario, but for reference i am sharing with you

Regards

Umesh Mali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

This is a good idea however it doesn't work for our solution. The reason for this is because our solution requires that we manage inventory of serialised materials. This means that I need a solution that wipes or deletes the serial number just before the backflush and then subsequently creates a record in COIB to link the assembly and the component. It would have to be a bespoke solution one way or another, unless you can think of a standard solution.

Thanks

Paul

Anupam1143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the Batch management for the same , but with enhancement like for every unit there is different batch number, when you do the MFBF for 10 qty then the 10 batches with 1 each quantities generated, that can be later used while doing the same material as component backflush and then you can use the batch determination as well while doing the MFBF.

Also check this thread:

check and revert.

Regards,

Anupam Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

I forgot to mention that this is for the automotive industry and therefore serial number are a must and batch number are not used.

Based on the OSS note 100621, there is no chance of finding a standard process, SAP have made it clear that they will not develop a solution for this.

What I am looking for is examples of bespoke processes that companies are using to get around this issue.

Thanks

Paul

Anupam1143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

In my understanding, if you have written a logic to create batches same in numbers as the GR/GI qty then it will be like the serial numbers, for example, when you produce 10 qty of any material which to be serialized , then system will create 10 serial numbers, so similarly, if batch is there then ,when you do GR for 10 qty and you have implemented the exit with your logic and number range logic then, system will generate 10 batches.

I hope it works.

Check and revert.

Regards,

Anupam Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Batch is plural while serial is singular so your logic does not make any sense.

Thanks anyway

Paul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
100621 - MFxx with components requiring serial number
Version Validity: 05.12.2000 - active
Language
Compare versions SSCR Download

Content:    Summary   |   Header Data   |   Validity

Symptom

During the backflush you cannot enter a serial number for components. The system generates error message IO304 or M7175 inevitably.

Other Terms

MF40, MF4U, MF42, MF43, MF44, MF45, MF46, MF47, serial number, MFBF

Reason and Prerequisites

The components require serial numbers.

Solution

For the backflush in repetitive manufacturing you must only use components for which no serial number requirement exists. This also applies to a manual withdrawal posting.
The menu path 'Goto - Serial number' specified in message M7175 is of no importance for repetitive manufacturing.
In contrast, serial numbers for goods receipts can be assigned by assemblies (as of Rel. 4.5).