cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication SAP 4.7 - ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am getting problem when i do REMOTE LOGON(SM59), i have mentioned User Name and Password in LOGON/SECURITY screen(of Destination) but when i click on REMOTE LOGON it takes User name of source system and give error Username or Password incorrect.

Plz help,

RP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in ur sm59 check if the option for logon screen is checked in the tab logon&security

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

rp,

testing the connection will work fine even if the pwd/username proivded is incorrect. but when u try to remote login then u will have the popup screen. pls check if the username/pwd is correct.

is the username /pwd working on the target sys?

Message was edited by:

Prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes dear same Username and password work on ECC 6 Screen pop up.

Even i performed the reverse ECC 6 as Source and 4.7 as Destination but it does not give any problem.

RP

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can u mail the screen shot of the rfc dest u maintained....

mailprabhu@gmail.com or the one u can find in my business card

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

also ensure the current user option is not checked in the same tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

no dear i have not checked anyhting

i have just given Username/Password of Destination

if i do the same for (100 client of SAP 4.7 and 800 client of SAP 4.7)it does not give any problem like this.

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you need to mention the username and password for receiver system...which you want to accessing.

better you login once with user name and password and you will come to know.

Hope I am clear.

Please let me know if you have any queries...!

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

If i logon with the same username & password then i am able to logon so no problem with User name Password.

But as soon as i click on REMOTE LOGON(SM59) it pop up screen of ECC 6.0. which generally does not happen while connecting (800 Client of SAP 4.7 with 100 client of SAP 4.7).

Insort it does not take password/username mention in LOGON/Security screen(SM59).

pls suggest

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, RP.

The reason might be that from ECC 6.0 password rule was changed(case

sensitive rule by default).

Please check the following note.

Note 862989 - New password rules as of SAP NetWeaver 2004s (NW ABAP 7.0)

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/862989

Good Luck.

Sejoon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

If i logon with the same username & password then i am able to logon so no problem with User name Password.

But as soon as i click on REMOTE LOGON(SM59) it pop up screen of ECC 6.0. which generally does not happen while connecting (800 Client of SAP 4.7 with 100 client of SAP 4.7).

Insort it does not take password/username mention in LOGON/Security screen(SM59).

pls suggest

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

RP,

In ECC 6.0 passwords are case sensitive. Try changing the password for the user Id to caps. Eg: PASS1. Now specify this upper case passwprd in SM 59 and check. Hope this will solve the issue.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Dear,

But what happens when i click REMOTE LOGON it takes username default the user name of SOURCE system and if i change it to DESTINATION Username Password it allows me to logon. No issue of case sencetive.

plz suggest.

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

RP,

Do this. In ECC 6.0 change the password for the user to PASS1(example). Try a test logon with this user id and password. Change the user id password in SM59. Now test the remote logon.

Try this and let me know the result.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry dear i have tried with another USer but same problem

it's not doing direct login it ask for password and i have not checked any option for LOGON screen so what could be tha problem

Pls suggest

RP

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u need to ensure if the ip address used in the rfc is correct along with the user name and password is right one ....

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is the profile for the user id in the rfc connection has SAP_ALL?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everything is perfect even i tried from ECC 6 it does not ask for Username/Password.

But while TEST->Authorization fro SAP 4.7 it give error Username password incorrect.I have given correct password and username in LOGON/SECURITY screen but while REMOTE LOGON it takes default Username of SOURCE system everytime if i correct then allows me to logon.So where is the problem.

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

RP,

how come it is taking source user id you should have entered target system userid and password in ur SM59.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya dear thats i am not getting why it happens, i have mention Username and Password in LOGON/Security Screen(of Destination).In test connection it shows success but while doing remote logon it shows screen of ECC 6.0 and shows default username of Source.

pls sugest me

RP