cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP is mapped incorrectly to Vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

During an upgrade project few Vendors are incorrectly mapped to BP. so when the user tries to display/change the Supplier in Supplier Governance application, he/she gets the error Supplier does not exist. this makes sense since the Number/ID it is mapped to is different in the back end.

So we thought one solution to this would be to replace the supplier number with the correct supplier number once the user clicks on Start button(Via a custom mapping table). i tried to find out if a BAdI exists that i can use to achieve this, does anybody know anything about this?

Many Thanks.

akshay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Akshay,

1. you should delete the entries from the BP tables for the incorrect vendors.

2. Setup the vendor integration from direction vendor to BP and set up number assignment as same number.

3. use transaction FLBPC1 to create the BP again for those vendors with correct numbers.

Now these BP's will be available in MDG for display/change.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay

Try to search on name1 or other paramenter but not on Business ID as Identification number can not be changed in ECC (Like BP number/Customer Number) or if you want create these customers agains with same BP number setting in CVI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same issue, but here is how I resolved it (SAP answer)...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santiago

Thank you for information. It seems it is useful for useful for intial customer/vendor load from legacy which is not linked to BP.

1. Does this means we  need to create BP it legacy itself and then perform import activity in MDG?
Former Member
0 Kudos

I used the procedure for two BP`s that where created with wrong internal number and the client deleted the BP´s so the link was maintained and gave an error. So we had to delete the link between them and "recreate" the BP´s with correct numbering.

Hope this helps....

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should look into fixing the key mapping instead of trying to work around it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP suggested that once they are mapped there's nothing we can do to change it !