cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM sub item has different time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have standard order created with BOM item.

BOM Priced at Parent level. Delivered at Child level.

But Parent material's item category is marked as "Schedule line allowed".

Parent level Schedule line cateogry doesn't have any movement type or any other fields activated except "Item relevant for delivery" field.

Now the issue is, both parent and child item has schedule lines. All the dates (Delivery date, Goods issue date, etc) are same between both the items, but only in the child item level, it has different time across all these dates.

Shipping point and Route are same in both Parent and Child item.

No loading time and pick/pack time maintained at shipping point level.

Transit time and transportation planning time maintained in the route. Both the dates determined correctly in the Sales order correctly, but not the time.

Shipping point and Route has different Factory calendar.

If Calendar is the issue, that should impact both parent and child item. So I don't think Factory calendar is the issue.

Could someone share your ideas if you ever come across this kind of issue.

Regards,

Raja Durai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the following note whether it helps you

• Note 526188 - Explosion date of BOMs

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for the reply.

BOM exaplosion date is updated only in the BOM header item. In our it is not causing any issue I believe.

I found VBEP-RSDAT (Reservation date) is different between BOM parent and child item.

Is RSDAT can create this difference.

But I am not able to find out RSDAT field in the Sales order level.

Could someone explain whether VBEP-RSDAT can impact shedule line dates.

Regards,

Raja Durai

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

""""Parent level Schedule line cateogry doesn't have any movement type or any other fields activated except "Item relevant for delivery" field""""

why No movement type--when wants to do physical delivery???

what was the Item categories& sch lines for parent/Child items with screen shots???

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phanikumar,

Thanks for the response.

BOM parent material is not an actual. It is a non stock material. Only child item will be delivered. But header material number should be copied into the outbound delivery. That's the reason we have this configuration.

Child item item category is copy of TAN and Schedule line item category is copy of CP.

Child item only activated Availability check with APO, I doubt whether APO creates this difference.

But I don't know to check whether APO is creating this impact.

Regards,

Raja Durai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any clue on this issue?

Regards,
Raja Durai

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you have already checked transportation planning time,Material staging time,Loading time,GI time,arrival time for all the line items in Sales order(is it same for all the line items--check in Sales order--item--Sch lines--Shipping sub-tab)

Pl update....

also have you checked for all the child item MMRs correctly??

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I checked it. Shipping and Route are same between the items. So there should not be a problem with that I believe.

Also there is no issue with the MMR.

But it may be due it ATP. Because I heard this material is eligible for GATP. I don't have much idea about GATP.

Also I am not sure whether GATP can cause this issue.

Regards,

Raja Durai

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think that GATP can create the problem here.

what ever way the availability is configured based on system finds first Material avbl.date.

so we can remove the suspect of GATP.

if possible can you provide screen shot of variation in time..

also have you maintained any Unloading points for this customer(this is for my idea only)

Phanikumar