Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Netowrk File share in WD JAVA

former_member222013
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

How i can access Remote network file share folder in WD Java ? We are on 7.3 version EP and using NWDS 7.3 .PLease provide some inputs.

Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ask the os admin to mount the share drive as local drive, then you can access using File api.

former_member222013
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wu,

Thanks for the reply .... So If the share drive is mounted as local drive ,can I give the path as "/usr/sap/datawork/ftp_incoming/"; and If I give the same path in WD Java Code ... will I be able to write /read files to that particular path without any issues ??

Thanks...

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. make sure for all instance, that shared directory is mapped

2. i think <SID>ADM will be used to run those java code, make sure it has proper access to that folder.

former_member222013
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Wu...

My requirement is that I will be sending mail from application and the images in the mail are stored in the shared folder .. AFter the mail is sent Will I be able to able to view the images stored in shared folder in the MS Outloook ??

Thanks for your support

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i am not mail expert, i think there are two options: image will be embedded in the mail or you have web server to host the image, and image link will be put into the mail.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another approach is create KM repository and access it using KM APIs from your Web Dynpro Java application. It will also give more features and flexibility, should the need arise in future.