cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register updation in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My client has implemented SAP in 2007 and from there they have not yet updated any register in the system,now they want to update RG23A, RG23C and RG1 so which are things I need to take care of.

I know how to update the registers, how to extract.My query is which are the things i need to take care before updation to match opening and closing balances.

Awaiting your valuable reply.

Thanks in advance,

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Awaiting your feedback.

Regards,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before going live of any project normally you will be uploading initial balances by using FI transactions in SAP system. By the time client go-live there might be some opening balance in RG23A Part II and PLA registers.

Using this activity, you can update the receipts of into RG23A Part II and PLA Registers by select the respective register button option.

This transaction involves Direct Table Entries so, please be careful when you are doing this transaction. You have to do this activity before Extracting (J2I5) transaction i.e. there should not be any entries in J_2IACCBAL table.  If they are exists you can delete them and make the following transaction and then Extract (J2I5) again.

Please do note that this is purely manual transaction system does not have any control or validations in this i.e. system will cross check with any other entry.

1. 1. After making table entries save the entries by choosing Save icon or Ctrl + S.

Please do remember that this is only a direct table entry of opening balance, system does not check the actual FI entries.  You need to make an appropriate FI entry to suitable to above transaction. An example is give below for your reference:

You can use F-02 transaction code to pass the following FI entry:

RG23A Part II Account     DR

To Initial balances clearing a/c

Or

PLA BED Account     DR

To Initial balances clearing a/c

You can choose any appropriate accounting entry which is suitable to client.

1. After making table entry if you want to see you can extract register by using J2I5 transaction code .  But you need to remember the extraction date should be 01.06.2014 to 30.06.2014 as you have given closing balance as on 31.05.2014.
  2. Extraction is possible only if there are some transactions (actual incoming excise invoices).  That is to say you can extract register only after your first actual CIN transaction in system (other than opening balance).
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Priyaranjan for such valuable reply.

I have one doubt, I just checked J_2IACCBAL table and I found 15000 entries.

What should I do now so that there will not be any problem in future.

Thanks,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is u r client already doing CIN related transaction in SAP?

If yes then why u need to upload the balance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes my client is using all CIN transaction except register updation and I want to know which things I need to take care before I run J1I5.

Thanks,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u are maintaining properly all transaction in SAP, then just extract the register in J2I5.

If transaction is inconsistent then u have to delete all entries from J_2IACCBAL, J_2IEXDATE, J_2IEXTRCT tabe. Then u have to upload as i suggested.

But you will not get all transnational data from 2007. You have to upload the total closing balance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Priyaranjan,

Its really helpfull to me

Answers (0)