cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solution manager 4.0and Netweaver 2004s - same "SAP system ID???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we install <b>solution manager 4.0</b> and <b>Netweaver 2004s</b> on same <b><u>AIX</u></b> machine with same <b>"SAP system ID"</b> ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>no, you can't!</b> at least as long as the solman does not run the the this particular netweaver 2004...

-> you can use the <b>same aix machine</b>

-> you must use <b>different system ids/numbers</b>!!!

GreetZ, AH

manfred_stein
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Andreas is right, at least if we talk about installing both systems into the same AIX OS instance. Using lpars may be a way around this.

As I am not sure if you are talking about the Instance ID (the two digit number) or the System ID (three letter identifier of your SAP system), let's differentiate:

Used Instance ID must be unique on an OS instance as it directly specifies a port number used for TCP/IP communication with the app server instance. It is perfectly OK to re-use the same Instance ID in other OS instances in your network. Re-using the SAP System ID is in most cases not such a good idea, I'd recommend to use different SIDs across your entire SAP landscape. There is no technical requirement for this, the recommendation is based upon the the very definition of SID, SAP software logistics is also based upon this type of use of the SAP SID.

I hope this helps

Manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

By SAP System ID I mean 3 character letter used as SAP System ID.

Answers (0)