cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISH with HL7 integration

swapnil_kawde
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am working on SAP-ISH system with HL7 intergration.

I want too know what are the prerequisites to integrate HL7 & with PI Systems.

thanks in advance..

swapnil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

You need the IAH adapter for SAP PI.

IAH stands for Integration Adapter for Healthcare.

We have this adapter running on a SAP PI 7.11 system and recently started a proof of concept on a SAP PO 7.4 system.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

swapnil_kawde
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

We have to integrate SAP-ISH system to PACS. For that we uses SAP PI as a middleware

Can you elaborate how IAH adapter for SAP PI 7.11 system will work for above scenario.How communication will established ?

Regards,

Swapnil

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

I do not know the capabilities of the PACS system. I guess you can exchange HL7 messages? Or even XML directly?

Between the SAP ISH system and SAP PI, you can have proxies or idocs. Or even flat files if you would like.

The IAH adapter is very straight forward and easy to configure.

Let me know in case you need more information.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

swapnil_kawde
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi Dimitri,

thanks for your prompt reply.

your above information is very useful .

we are working with PI system with 7.11 version , we come to know by sap it has already include IAH adapter , so we are trying to find out configuration guide which can help us to communicate between SAP-ISH and HL7 application.

Regards,

swapnil

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

Please note that the IAH adapter is NOT available out-of-the-box. This is a separate installation and license.

For more information, you can contact Vijendra Singh Bhanot from SAP Netherlands.

You can always post questions within this community in case of technical/functional problems.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Swapnil,

The best solution is obviously to go for the SAP PI IAH adapter, but unfortunately the shoe string budgets that we had in the last two projects did not allow us to do so.

Hence , we went in for the open source Mirth Connect.

We adopted  a dual middle ware layer approach which was SAP ISH to SAP PI (via IDOCS) to the open source Mirth Connect by a file or SOAP and from mirth connect we can send data to the HL7 compliant systems by the LLP protocol in the Mirth Connect system

I have been lucky to have done a couple of projects for patient management and they over the past two years I can assure you they have been very stable interfaces.

As for pacs (used to store radiology images), we created a dynamic link (which would have the patient urn, id to the pacs server ) accessible from the patient data .

The Mirth Connect system is quite versatile (but obviously no match to the amount of logging and trace provided by PI alone).. but yeah does the job.

Regards,

Tauseef

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil

Please follow this guide for over-all understanding :

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ESpackages/IHE+Configuration+Guide

IAH Adapter High Level overview: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3891

To get this adapter please contact SAP in your country.

@Dimitri: Thank for all your comments and assistanse on the forum!!

Regards

Vijendra