cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Mgt: Change the exchange rate in travel advance in PR05

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In Travel Management; we have a requirement to change the exchange rate of the advance while posting. But the standard SAP does not allow to modify or delete the already entered advance amount.

My query is;

Is there any way to change to advance field?

Or; Is there any way to do the posting after changing the exchange rate?

Or; is it possible to change the standard code, so that the advance field becomes editable.

Below I am explaining the requirement in detail.

In Travel Management; we have a requirement to change the exchange rate of the advance while posting. But the standard SAP does not allow to modify or delete the already entered advance amount.

Below is the process in detail.

1. Employee enters the advance while raising a travel request.

Transaction code:- TRIP or from ESS portal

2. Manager approves the same

3. In PR05, Travel administrator wants to change the exchange rate before posting, but it is in non-editable mode. Standard system does not allow      to delete or change the existing advance entry as below.

Transaction code: PR05

In our scenario, posting is done after receiving the invoice from Travel Agency (Travel Agency pays the advance to traveller). Travel agency mention the exchange rate on the day when he had paid to the employee.

So there is a difference in the exchange rate, on the day when the traveller requests for trip & the actual payment made to the employee.

So when the Finance department, do the posting, he has to change the exchange rate.

Since the standard system does not allow to modify the advance entry, I tried to maintain entry as below;

Transaction code: PR05

But during posting no amount is posted.

PRFI & then PRRW

Please help.

Regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you checked transaction FITVFELD? Here you can change most of the standard field controls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siegfried,

As per your suggestion, I tried the same but still having the same issue.

FITVFELD is basically to make a particular field hide, mandatory etc. But my issue starts after filling the details.

Standard SAP has been made like this that we can not change, delete the advance entry.

I am planning to change in the standard code to make the advance field editable. But before proceeding I want to make sure that there should not be any negative impact on any other functionality.  

Or it would be great if this can be achieved through any other way.

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Why cant you use the standard process ? Cancel the advance line by creating a new line with same amount in opposite sign. Then create you advance line at correct exchange rate.

Regards
Mathieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu,

I used the same process but while posting no amount are getting posted. Please refer the 3rd & 4th screenshot which I have provided above.

Am I missing any config in "V_T702N_A" table? Attaching a screenshot of the same below.

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Standard let you change the advance any time until(!) you create a posting run for the trip ID.

In which status is your trip (number1, number2)?

Also I'm wondering why you enter USD when posting currency is INR?

From my knowledge the currency exchange rate can be changed until posting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

2 parameters are used in expert view.

In line other settlement number 2 (for advance) and 7 (for cash advance). With your current customizing cash advance will never be posted and advances will be posted after request approved status.

Regards

Mathieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siegfried,

Before posting the trip through PRFI & PRRW, I am approving the trip then settling in PR05.

When an employee goes on an international trip he is eligible for daily allowance @ i.e. 300 $. So in the trip request he enters the advance as per his eligibility in $.

The the travel desk pays advance in $ to the employee & later he submits the bill to the company. In the bill, travel desk mention the exchange rate.

So there may be a difference in the exchange rate between the date of trip request & the actual payment to the employee.

SO in this case FI team needs to change the exchange rate before posting.

Regards,

Daniel 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

than just use the "not posting" variant of the cash advance and re-open the trip by the person who pay out the cash advance.

Best regards,

Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Even for me the same issue occurred. How you managed the difference amount of exchange rate between date of trip request created and the actual payment to the employee.

Have you changed the standard code according to this issue or you found any some other solution to achieve the exchange rate column to be in editable mode.

It's urgent. Your inputs highly appreciated.

Regards,

Narayana