cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts with correct font are not printed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am printing the Adobe form with some header and item texts.

I have created a style in smartforms so that the texts in the layout would be printed accordingly.

In the context part, I have created the text and assigned the text module. I have also given the style name at the time of creation, checked 'Copy style from text module' also. But still in the layout the texts are not printing with correct font.

Currently the texts are prining with default font which i have declared in style.

Do we need to give the paragraph format or style name anywhere?

Thanks and Regards,

Karthik Ganti.

Message was edited by: Dezso Pap

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem resolved.

I was trying to use the font from the layout itself. If u use the Arial font by default it would be 8...I have changed to font 6 anf font7 accordingly as per my requirement.

It worked.

Thansk and Regards,

Karthik Ganti.

pavan_prabhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

If font is uniform throughout the text, then no need to create the Smartstyle. You can do this with JavaScript.

1. Click on the text field.

2. Write the below JavaScript in the Initialize event.

this.font.typeface = "Arial";

This will override the default font which you had selected at the design time.

If you want to change the weight, you can also do that as shown below.

this.font.weight = "bold";

Here I have hard coded the font name and weight. If you want to do this dynamically, you can store the font name in a custom table and then assign it in the layout.

nsikka
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Try with this

Select the field on the layoout which is used to display the text and change the data format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lets try and identify where your font gets changed.

Go in the designer to Tools->Options->Document Handling->Modify font substitutions.

Try to find your font in there, if it is indeed one of the missing fonts then you can either use a different font or go through the process of adding the font.

You can also test by changing the font of the text module to one that you know will print in adobe forms (which is different than your default) and see whether it prints.

Adam