cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cause error message from authorization block in SO?

jan_krohn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have some issue finding the right place where to configure implications from authorization block properly.

The business background is the following: We want to sell digital content via a web shop. If the customer's credit card gets authorized, they're supposed to get access to the content instantly. If authorization fails, I'd prefer not to have that SO on the system at all so that it doesn't get cluttered with useless data.

Having an error message from authorization block would do the job. Implementing a user exit seems to be a solution, but not a very good one. So I'm wondering if it can be achieved by configuration.

I've found transaction ovak, and put in check credit "B" for the relevant sales document types - didn't change a thing...

Do you have any ideas or any direction you could point me to?

Thanks and best wishes,

Jan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan

I would like to know that how you are checking the validation of credit card on web shop? Which technology or tool you are using for this web shop? Is it some SAP's solution or some custom one?

Using userexit is not a bad idea. For standards SAP has delivered payment card settings which you can see in SD > Billing > Payment Cards. This is a standard solution delivered by SAP and for custom one they have delivered userexits. You have to go for one of them and in your case I guess using userexit is the only way (I hope you have already explored this standard functionality of credit cards)

ThanK$

jan_krohn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, it's a SAP solution, Web Experience Channel.

All Credit Card processed take place on the back end though. Sales orders are created by RFC, and ERP takes things on from that point.

User exit works like a charm. So I'm not gonna spend more time looking into configuration, although I'm still assuming that it would be possible somehow.

Jan

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If this is SAP solution then some Web Experience Channel expert may have something for you but in SD there is no such control I guess. See if there is some forum for Web Experience Channel or otherwise you are good to go with userexit. There is no harm in that

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

May be try assigning the transaction block for the customer whenever the authorization fails. This would prevent the creation of the SO.

Regards

jan_krohn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, but I think that also requires implementing a user exit - which I've done now anyway.