cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO with Simple Digital Signature (username + password)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to use SAP Simple Digital Signature (username + password) with SSO.

I implemented the following SAP notes: 1862737 (main note that makes in possible to combine Digital Signature with SSO, which means using Windows/Active directory password instead of SAP password), 1974495, 1975701, but unfortunately it is not working.

I tried using SAP standard example of Digital Signature: program DSIG_BOOKING_EX (run from se38).

When running this program in SAP GUI 7.2 (and even in the latest SAP GUI 7.3), a popup appears and asks for a password (Windows / Active Directory Password). When I type the password and press OK, I get the following DUMP:

Category: ABAP Programming Error

Runtime Errors: MESSAGE_TYPE_X

Abap program: CL_GUI_CFW==========CP

Application Component: BC-FES-GUI

Do you have any idea how to solve it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I wrote in the solution requires NWSSO, especially the Secure Login Client to be installed (with Kerberos option) & licensed. Is it? The solution users a SAP GUI ActiveX control which doesn't exist if SLC isnt' installed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SLC is installed and functioning properly (you don't need to enter a user name + password) in order to enter the system through SAP GUI.

The problem occurs both in SAP GUI 7.2 and SAP GUI 7.3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Share the exact versions of SLC and SAP GUI 7.30, including SP and patch level. Enable tracing in SAP GUI and SLC and share as an attachment, not embedded in the body of the message. You can also ask your ABAP developer to debug method IF_SSFT_SYSTEM_SIGNATURE~CHECK_PASSWORD of the BAdI implementation CL_SSFT_SYSTEM_SIGNATURE_NWSSO to figure out why it's not working. My guess is the GUI control hosting the ActiveX isn't working properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We tried to debug it but eventually got to deadend.

Regarding the BAdI, I customized a table that instruct the system to use the second (new) implementation, the one that comes with SAP note 1862737 (CL_SSFT_SYSTEM_SIGNATURE_NWSSO).

Are you familiar with a way to check whether the Activex is the problem (maybe a transaction to check the Activex)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm pretty sure it short dumps in the following code section:

call method cl_gui_cfw=>flush.

That method call triggers the method call to the ActiveX object. In my case it short dumps (with MESSAGE_TYPE_X just like in your case) because I don't have the ActiveX object, it is not installed nor registered in the Windows registry. I think you should reinstall SLC (2.0 SP2 or higher) and flag the Kerberos support while installing. Once installed make sure the ActiveX object exists in the file system and that it is registered. If it still short dumps, you will have to share version details, logs/traces, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your kind answer.

The problem occurs exactly in this method: method cl_gui_cfw=>flush.

In order to convince my basis team that the problem is on SLC/ActiveX, is there any transaction/report that shows that ActiveX is malfunctioning?

Thanks again,

Tal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transaction SPNEGO has some ActiveX integration in most recent releases.

Answers (0)