cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we run Scheduler based on other scheduler status?

0 Kudos

I have developed several interfaces in MII 14.0 version. Those interfaces have to run once in a day. So i have created Scheduler for each and every interface. Now they are asking us to put a logic that, 2nd scheduler should run after completion of first scheduler only.

Is there any possibility to do like this in MII?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raviteja,

As correctly mentioned by Shashank, using a BLS would help you here.

Thanks,

Swaroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,
As per my knowledge there is no direct way of achieving this, but you can do it by adding logic in Interface (BLS).

Below is the logic :

Suppose you have two interfaces A and B, define a Persistent or Inline variable(P) in A which will update the variable with Flat as "X". Now in interface B, write a condition if P=="X" then execute else terminate.

Also, dont forget to set the flag value as Blank once B executed successfully.

Hope this help .

Thanks

Shashank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you need to run a scheduler manually, you can use the scheduler service interface exposed by MII.

The URL for the service is:

http://<host>:<port>/XMII/Illuminator?service=Scheduler&mode=Run&ID=<scheduler job ID>.

You can also check the status of scheduler using the mode status of the above mentioned service.

Regards,

Anushree

0 Kudos

Hi Anushree,

No i don't want to run it manually, the 2nd scheduler has to take care of it whether it should run or not.

The 2nd scheduler should run after the completion of 1st scheduler. So that 2nd scheduler is dependent on the 1st scheduler. For this do we have any option in MII.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, there is no such direct option. you can write your own logic where in you can run scheduled jobs one by one using scheduler interface I have mentioned above.

You can use XML queries to run the scheduled jobs  and then use these queries in a transaction to run them one by one.

You can then schdule this transaction as per your requirement.

Regards,

Anushree