SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reference article and site

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am new in Retail, having few question in reference site, and reference article. For example, if I input reference DC and store in WSS1. If I change any information in reference site or store, will the existing site copy from reference site also get update?

Also if I input reference article in merchandise category, if i update the information in reference article, will the existing article get update ?

thanks

8 REPLIES 8

former_member189773
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi JOJO,

Reference site is used for quick creation of sites, if you want to update sites at the same time you have to use mass maintenance tcode. Same applies to Merchandise category reference article, it is useful only during the creation process. Additional info: Mass maintenance of articles is now easy with EHP7 as you can do it through excel sheets.

Regards,

Vikram

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jojo,

The DC and store mentioned in WSS1 act as a reference sites for holding the logistic data on a reference site level. When you navigate to Logistic store view of article master without mentioning any store, the data maintained with this will be stored on a reference store mentioned in WSS1. This will help you to avoid maintaining the common logistic data for every site.

We have an option to have a reference site for a distribution chain level in Distribution chain control.

Let us know if you need more information.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thank you. I created store 1000 which reference to RFST (reference store). After that, I update EDI partner profile. And I go to site 1000, select --> customizing --> copy from site. The copy rule and reference site show up and I select confirm. But the EDI partner profile of 1000 still update to create automatically. Pls advise. Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Jojo,

If you can give your requirement with more details, we can try to find a precise solutions.

EDI Partner profile cannot be used from reference site. You need to create them manually in transaction WE20.

Can give the purpose of EDI partner profile also?

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

The master data send to POSHQ, and from POSHQ sent to individual store. Also if individual store send sales and payment to POSHQ. POSHQ sent the consolidated data to SAP. Should I sent EDI partner profile? Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Jojo,

No need to send the EDI profile to POS. You need to configure the partner profile in SAP using transaction code WE20. In this profile, you will have to map inbound and outbound message type to enable data communication between Store and POSHQ.

Apart from partner profile, you also need to configure the Inbound and Outbound profiles and assign to store. You may have to set distribution model (Transaction BD64) to distribute data from SAP to other systems.

Please search SCN for detailed Inbound and Outbound details and POS Integration.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks a lot. As you mention I have to map inbound and outbound message type to enable data communication between stores and POSHQ. So which customer I should set it up in WE20?

0 Kudos

Hi Jojo,

You have to setup a partner profile with partner type KU for your Retail store.

Search SCN for POS Integration, you will find lot of information on this.

Regards,

Amit