cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to mount, create or unarchive repository in MDM 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

We are currently facing issue in mounting, creating a new or unarchiving the respository. Below are the details

We changed the MDM DB host this weekend. Before starting the activity we took DB backup & archives of
the 2 production repository.

When we started mounting the repository on new DB one
repository "ABC" got successfully mounted but the 2nd
repository "XYZ" is giving error “Schema/Database or record does not exist on
DBMS”.

Then we dropped the databases related to "XYZ"
repository (i.e. XYZ_Z000 & XYZ_M000) and tried unarchiving the
repository from the latest archives but faced error “The MDM repository is in
read only mode”

We tried creating new repository where we got the error
“Unable to Modify database”.

Below is the error from the MDS log file

2014-06-01T05:35:16.993,7836,23,"UnArchive starting to server: <NewDBHOST>\MDMMASTER, target Repository: XYZ, archivePath: E:\usr\sap\<SID>\MDS00\mdm\archives\XYZ_140530.a2a",MDSAdminServer@UnarchiveRep,XCatDBCopy.cpp,1888,MDSAdminServerCommand_UnarchiveRep,,,server_user,AA_TAX <<NewDBHOST>\MDMMASTER [SQL_Server]>,,,a

2014-06-01T05:35:17.040,7836,23,"Unarchive will not overwrite shared-read-only target",MDSAdminServer@UnarchiveRep,XCatDBCopy.cpp,1680,MDSAdminServerCommand_UnarchiveRep,,,server_user,XYZ <<NewDBHOST>\MDMMASTER [SQL_Server]>,,,

2014-06-01T05:35:17.072,7836,23,"UnArchive to server: <NewDBHOST>\MDMMASTER, target Repository: XYZ, archivePath: E:\usr\sap\<SID>\MDS00\mdm\archives\XYZ_140530.a2a ended in error",MDSAdminServer@UnarchiveRep,XCatDBCopy.cpp,2285,MDSAdminServerCommand_UnarchiveRep,,,server_user,XYZ <<NewDBHOST>\MDMMASTER [SQL_Server]>,,,

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Sagar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gabor_molnar
Advisor
Advisor

HI Sagar,

When you deleted the repository from the database (XYZ_Z000 & XYZ_M000) have you deleted the entry in the Table a2i_xcat_dbs as well? Please check the Note 1479461. I believe this is the problem. If it is deleted you should be able to unarhcive it with the same name.

If it didnt help try to unarchive the the repository with a different name and let us know if it helped.

Cheers,

Gábor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Molnar for your reply, we tried to unarchive as TEST also but it again gave the same error. Even, when I was trying to create a new repository it is giving error "read only" as mentioned earlier. Any other suggestion?

Regards,

Sagar

gabor_molnar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Then please run the MDM ConfigAssistant tool that runs some checks on your system (on MDS-DBMS conenction), and attach the output html file. Actually you can check it on your own as well. If it finds an error it gives a possible solution as well.

Note 1543650 MDM Configuration Assistant

Regards,

Gábor