Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP bucket resource

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

would you please explain "SNP bucket resource"  "PPDS bucket resource"  my insight over it is that time period defined for a resource where SNP planning can be carried out ??  am i rite

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

If you send your resource from ECC to APO as a MIXED resource to be used by both SNP and PPDS (ie CFC9 in ECC set to Single resource = 4) then can be used for both.

SNP Buckets are normally 24 hours as SNP works in full days mostly

PPDS buckets can be from time consinuous or block, eg could have a 3 day block as your "bucket". or a 2 hour block as your "bucket"

Then different tools such as the PPDS optimizer work differently wether you use bucket or time continous capacity.

The PPDS and SNP time periods can overlap so that both can work in a time period, or else you can set SNP to be further out past PPDS if required with no overlap, or at least only small overlap depending on time granularity.

j

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

in this screen you will find planning bucket profile is 90 days .....the resource capacity is 8 hours for line 1  per day  24 hours for line 2 per day ...quantities are 40 pieces per day  ....given this scenario in RES1 how do i fix the time bucket for resources ....guess there are two types of time buckets   one is  time bucket for planning time and other is time bucket for resources.... these two time bucket is it dependent of TR30,TR32 stotagr time bucket profile ,time bucket profile that we do in the beginning of planning OR these time buckets are independent of TR30,32...hope you got my point...

Answers (0)