cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass update of forwarding Agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

We need to have mass update for one of ours forwarding agent for around 100 customers in Customer master Data? Is that possible through MASS Update? Or should we use LSMW? I was checking MASS but was not able to find any table for to update partner because if I am right, here we will consider forwarding agent also as a partner.

Please advise.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shekhar,

In MASS or XD99 it is very much possible.

Just now I tried in XD99

The table you have to select is KNVP

On execution, you can give the customer codes, the sales area and the partner function.

On execution, it will give you the resultant partner for all the customers.

Here on the top, you can give the new partner code and just change it. It will work.

Having said this solution,

MASS or XD99 t.codes are very sensitive. Be doubly, tribly careful while you are doing. If you are not an experienced consultant, I would advise you to stay away from it and take the help of your senior. In case of an error, you will mess up lakhs of customer records.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Mass Change is for Changing the Existing Record.

For Adding New Partner Function in the Customer Master LSMW Can be Used.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit I was trying to say that we already have forwarding agent, however not we need to make changes as we are done with the contract with that forwarding agent, So we need a mass update. Forwarding agent will be there in partner function so MASS will work in that case or LSMW. Thank you!!

naveen_kaluti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shekhar,

Yes MASS can be used to exchange forwarding agents present in the customer master, please follow the steps below:

1. select Object : KNA1 & execute

2. select customer master partner function KNVP in the table tab.

3. select Vendor KNVP-LIFNR in the field tab & execute

4. provide the customer number & execute

5. provide the forwarding agent in the upper portion and press on copy button then go ahead and save it. this will change the forwarding agent in all the customers provided by you.

Hope this helps .

Thanks & Regards

Naveen K.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rohit Dongre

Mass Change is for Changing the Existing Record

Your findings is incorrect.  You can also create certain data via MASS.  By default, system will take you to "Data Records to be changed" where you can also see next tab "Data Records to be Created"

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshmipathi, thank you very much for your reply.

That's the same thing I was having doubt.

I am not creating new forwarding agent. It has alrready been created.

It is just we have to do a mass update for 100 customers for forwarding agent.

I know both LSWM and MASS, however somehow I am not able to find the right way to do it through MASS. If you can advise it would be of great help...

Thank you!!!

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try Naveen M Kaluti  suggestion?

G. Lakshmipathi