cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting Change of Validity Periods in Quatations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I know that if the valid to period has crossed sales order can't be created. The system will give a warning. However is there any way we can restrict the end user going to quotation again and extending the validity period so that the order can be created. Moreover, one more thing I noticed that we can create quotations in backdate.  Is there a way to avoid that?

Please advise.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shekhar,

Your Can Give End User the Authorization to create Contract but for Changing it should be restricted..

Moreever If your requirement is not done by this try to make Valid to date in VA42 as uneditable for all Users other than the users who are authorized to change it.

You can do this in the Program MV45AFZZ for this you will have to take the help of ABAPER.

Backdated Document is the Standard Behaviour of the System.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Rohit for your quick response.

So that means we can restrict the valid to field. Now will we use Status profile or any exit.

Because you mentioned program MV45AFZZ so is there any exit in SAP SD or status profile will work,

Moreover, can you please confirm If I want to close al the open quatations for one particualr year, let say 2013. What is the best way to do it?

thank you in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Appreciate if we can try to close this.

Thank you Rohit for your quick response.

So that means we can restrict the valid to field. Now will we use Status profile or any exit.

Because you mentioned program MV45AFZZ so is there any exit in SAP SD or status profile will work,

Moreover, can you please confirm If I want to close al the open quatations for one particualr year, let say 2013. What is the best way to do it?

thank you in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shekhar,

The User Exit to Modify valid to field is  USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION in MV45AFZZ

and for closing the open quotation there is no standard program I suggest you to sit with your technical person and write a small program that will take the open quotations year wise and close it.

This would be simple.

Regards