Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization control on Project/WBS

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have an issue on authorization control project and WBS creation and I seek your guidelines into it.

We have authorization object

C_PRPS_VNR  PSPS: Project Manager Authorization for WBS elements

C_PROJ_VNR  PSPS: Project Manager for Project Definition

These objects control authorization as per 'Person Responsible' field in our project structure. This is a unique field for project and unique for all WBS elements separately.(Each WBS has a person responsible field of its own) (t-code CJ20N)

We have two departments A & B.

A will create the project and B will create the WBS under it. And department B are having 5/6 users to create WBS elements.

Now, I want to know how this matrix should be set up so that only department A users could create the project and Department B users could only create the WBS for this project.

JUST TO ADD (another view): Can we have some Z-authorization objects which will work in conjunction with the above two authorization object to control the project and WBS creation. Actually, I believe the above to std. objects will work in conjunction with 'Person Responsible' field in project hierarchy. I am just thinking that if department A has 'Z-A' authorization object he/she can create project and if department B has Z-B authorization object in his roles he can create WBS elements.

Looking forward for you suggestions on it.

Thanks for the help.

With Regards

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

C_PROJ_VNR  PSPS: Project Manager for Project Definition with ACTVT 01

C_PRPS_VNR with actvt 03

Provide above object to Dept. A users to let them create project definition with activity 01.

C_PRPS_VNR  PSPS: Project Manager Authorization for WBS elements with ACTVT 01

C_PROJ_VNR with ACTVT 03

Provide above to Dept B users to let them create WBS element for specific project with activity 01

Is it not working with above, could you try this?

BR,

Mangesh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mangesh,

Thanks for your reply.

It has been resolved already just based on AO and Activity combination.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Great, then please mark it answered.

BR,

Mangesh

Answers (0)