cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPL: conditional elimination of duplicate characters

0 Kudos

Hi All,

under Define control procedure for address comparison control settings we have a field check conditional elimination of duplicate characters.

can you please explain detail, where exactly we use this function. i tried to understand but not.

if possible please  give me an example.

Thanks,

Sriman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriman,

This check is used in certain cases where we are ought to miss some search terms from possible SPL hits in case of exclusion of duplicate characters from the search terms.

Let me take an example, if you business Partner has a name AKAA, then under normal conditions if you have set your minimum length of search terms as 3 characters in the control settings for SPL-List Types, then the search term upon duplicate characters exclusion will become AK only and since its length is less than the minimum 3 characters defined/required for SPL screening, hence being of two characters only it will not be considered for SPL screening. But if you get the above mentioned setting checked, then system will check for such cases where character exclusion leads to exclusion of search term from SPL screening and will retain its duplicate characters in such cases for better check for SPL entries

I guess, you got it now.

Regards,

Aman

0 Kudos

Thanks Aman.

Now I am clear for the usage of this setting.

Regards,

Sriman

Answers (0)