cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Forecast consumption based on Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

What would be the config required for rqmt strategy /anything else for consuming forecast in APO whenever a delivery is made in R3? Is there anything reqd on R3 side as well?

I tried few rqmt strategies with net segment and category group of BR(delivery) consumption with conf qty but did not work.

Thanks.

-Vinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think necessary information could be found in wiki page http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/-RbMFw .
Normally we do not support delivery consuming forecast, but it can be acheived as well.

Best Regards,
Ada

vincentverheyen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

ada.lv The link mentions Question (Q) "Q: Why reduction does not happen on PGI for the delivery of a sales order?" but the Answer (A) is empty: "A: ".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinay

What is the business requirement ? Since you want forecast consumption, you must be in a Make-To-Stock scenario. So why not let Sales Orders consume the forecast ? If Sales Orders do not consume the forecast then how would you avoid double counting the demand in Planning until the time Delivery is created.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Yes its MTS. We dont want SO to consume forecast as they are being created in bimonthly numbers for many clients & then partial delivery is done as and when stock is arrived.

We will stop Sales Order from coming to APO but let only the delivery flow in order to avoid double counting.

I tried with the rqmt strategies but could not simulate it.

Thanks.

Regards,

Vinay

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Please try the copy of Requirement strategy 20 in APO.

You have to create a new category group by copying K01 and remove the category BM from the new category group. Assign this category group to your new requirement strategy.

Then assign this requirement strategy to your Product/Location

While releasing the forecast, please maintain the new requirement strategy in the release program, so that forecast will be released with this strategy.

Then while you create sales order, it will not consume the forecast.

When you create the delivery for SO, it will consume the forecast.

In order to make the forecast reduce, after you post Goods Issue for the delivery, you have to maintain the active integration model for 'Requirement Reduction' for the Product/location.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Thanks a lot.

I will try what you have advised and will get back on this shortly.

Facing issues in releasing demand from mc90 using Z rqmt strategy.

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Our client has the exact requirement, We already did everything you mentioned above including maintenance of CIF for "Requirements Reduction", However when the Delivery is Post Goods Issued the forecast comes back. Let me know if the consumption on Delivery has worked for you including the reduction of forecast.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pramod

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Yes, it is working for us. When we post GI for the sales order, the withdrawal quantity is updated correctly.

Have you tried deleting the forecast and re-release from DP with the new Requirement strateg?

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

I have deleted the forecast and released with the custom strategy and still the forecast is coming back.

Below is our detailed process

Requirements Profile in Product master & Requirements Reduction CIF model are maintained

Deleted the forecast using /SAPAPO/MD74

Release forecast using custom Strategy in /SAPAPO/MC90    

Create Sales Order -- Forecast does not get consumed

Create delivery on that Sales Order and the Forecast gets reduced by the delivery quantity.

After Post Goods Issue on the Delivery,the Forecast is coming back

Do you guys any customization on the Requirements Reduction in CIF, I think its not hitting requirements reduction after PGI.

Thanks,

Pramod

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

We don't have any customization on Requirement reduction.

It is happening with the standard system settings.

When you deleted FC from MD74, did you use 'Delete Orders'? If not, please try again by using "delete orders' to delete the forecast and try the cycle again.

If you feel it is not working, please open an OSS incident.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For consumption/reduction relevant issue, please refer to wiki page http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/-RbMFw .

Best Regards,

Ada