cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100% invalid addresses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been trying unsuccessfully to profile about 125,000 global addresses that my company uses.  The problem that I am running into is that I can get the profiling job to complete however the results are telling me that 100% of my addresses are invalid.  I know that this is impossible but there doesn't seem to be any specific error message that provides any clues as to what is wrong.  I have tried looking for documentation regarding how the address data should be formatted in case there is something wrong with that, but I can't find any.  Has anyone run into this issue?

Jon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After trying unsuccessfully to get to the bottom of this issue in IS 4.2 I decided to test against the same data set using my production system which still has IS 4.0.  That test was successful and showed that 97% of records are valid.  I still have no idea how 4.2 is showing an invalid address with error code S0000.  

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you see a possibility to install IS 4.2 SP2, most recent version released last week? Curious to find out if this would solve your problem.

Or contact SAP Support? They might have an explanation and solution or workaround.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We were able to finally get the issue resolved by restarting the data services job server.  IS 4.2 is now providing legitimate address profiling results. 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked the "Error Reason" column generated by the address profiling job? It's the first column in the bottom pane of the Advanced Profile Results tab, that displays when you select the Invalid or Correctable area of the generated chart. Its content gives you a clear indication of what's gone wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes.  I looked at the Error Reason column.  Most of the errors I am getting are "Invalid address (S0000)" with an occasional "Invalid address (S1000)".  I have been unable to find anything so far about what these error codes mean "S0000" and "S1000".  I was hoping the error could point to something more specific like "unidentified country" or some such.  Any ideas?

I have looked through the user and admin guides to see if there are any guidelines with how address data should be structured/formatted.  Do country codes need to be two digit or three digit?  What about region codes.  I am wondering if has something to do with that.  I included a screen shot of some of the sample data.

Message was edited by: Jonathan Jones

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Status Codes are documented in the SAP Data Services Reference Guide, section 5.5.14.4 Status codes (Global Address Cleanse).

In fact S0000 basically means there is "No significant difference between the input data and the corrected data".

S1000 means "Corrected country". That's because the official 2-char ISO code for Curaçao is considerd to be CW, and not AN as in your sample data set.

The input format of the address fields should be irrelevant. DS/IS are able to deal with 2-char and 3-char code, and with full names, too.  I would expect S0000-records to show up in the list of correct addresses though. Don't understand exactly what's going wrong here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for the guide.  Yeah.... I am not really sure what the issue is either.  Seeing the 1000 should tell me that everything is fine.  Perhaps this is an issues in 4.2.  I have 4.1 in my prod environment, so I may try that one to see if it has any difference.