cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametric Data in SAP ME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was told that parametric data is stored in WIP and does not get transferred in ODS. This put limitation on how much parametric data we can ask for without impacting the production.  Any one knows why the parametric data would not get transferred into ODS?

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay

Your source is misinformed. The parametric data is archived with the SFC, or better still, it can be stored directly to the ODS database by setting the system rule "Store Data Collection Results in ODS" to true.

Stuart

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

Can you please let me know which item you are referring?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check if you have access to * site , which is the default? If you have access, you can change the setting in the * site and that will be reflected as the default value for the other sites in this SAP ME instance.

If not , you should contact your basis administrator and ask them to change the setting in the * site.

Thanks

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

I have access to * site but i m not able to see system rule maintenance. Is it access issue?

Thanks,

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this may be because you may belong to a group that has restrictive access on this site.

So you can ask your administrator/site owner to change the setting for the rule in System Rule maintenance.

Thanks

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

Settings has been changed to true with site admin access.

Thank you for help.

Thanks,

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can anyone please let me know know how to set this property to 'True'?

For me it is showing as in screen shot below:

Regards,

Neha

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nena,

You are at site 1020, per the screen shot. You should switch to site * to change the value and/or make it editable at local sites.

Regards,

Sergiy

former_member557371
Participant
0 Kudos

Data collection is performed against the SFC, Resource or Work Centre

If the System Rule >> Store Data Collection Results in ODS" is set to FALSE (Default)

Data collection against the SFC, Resource or Work Centre will be in WIP Data base, but when the SFC is  achieved the Data collected against the SFC move to ODS but not the data collected against the Resource and Work Center

If the System Rule >> Store Data Collection Results in ODS" is set to TRUE - Data collected against the SFC , Resource or Work Centre will be directly stored in ODC.

So it is recommended that set the rule to TRUE

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Stuart is right, and I guess that when you were told that "the parametric data does not get transferred in ODS", your source wanted to say that Parametric Data is not subject for ODS Processing (that means ODS scripts do not process those data).

Please check this How-To Guide on Data Collection.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. Coupple of more follow up questions -

1) Do the parametric tables alreday exist in ODS or they need to be created manually before I can change this setting in system rule.

2) When we set "Store Data Collection Results in ODS" to true, does the data get saved temporarily in WIP and then gets trasnferred to ODS when ODS scripts run?

3) Do you see any differences in peformance going one way or other?

Thanks in advance.

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay

1) they exist already

2) no the data goes directly to ODS

3) no real difference

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Already exist, no need of manual actions.

2) Data is saved irectly to ODS, no temporary saving in WIP.

3) It depends on the setup of archiving and production volumes. If many SFCs with parametric data are kept in WIP, then it might slow down Data Collection, though in fact both WIP and ODS data are validated by the system during Data Collection action - so the difference might be really small.