cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Planned Delivery Time to Activity Duration does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I'm trying to copy planned delivery time of a material component into the activity duration and it doesn't work

Procedure:

• I have an external activity and the network is backward scheduling
  • The activity has not yet been scheduled but the end dates for the Project & Network are in the far future
    • some times I give it a duration and the end & start dates are also far in the future
  • I assign a material component to an external activity using CJ20N
  • I set procurement type to "PR+Res. for WBS element" (or anything with a PR sometimes)
  • I enter Quantity, Vendor, P.Org and the Align. finish date is already ticked (I made sure of that in configuration)
  • Planned Delivery Time is inherited automatically from the material master to the material component (or I enter it manually sometimes)
  • I go to component overview and choose "select all" (sometimes it's just 1 entry)
  • I go to the menu bar -->edit-->component-->transfer delivery time -> duration
  • I get the message "Maximum of 20(30) days copied as duration of activity 0030" / Message no. CN747
    • I know this message is because they are 20 working days out of a total of 30 days according to the factory calender
  • I go to the activity (external tab). planned delivery time field is not populated
    • in case I had already put a value in it earlier, it does not change even though it is less than the planned delivery time for the component.
  • I go to the activity (Dates tab). duration is still 0
    • in case I had already put a duration earlier, duration does not change at all even though it is less than the planned delivery time for the component.

the system responds as if I didn't do anything

can anyone help me please !!

Am I doing something wrong ?? can anyone tell me the procedure that works for him/her ??

Is there any configuration, business function activation or SAP Component installation to solve this?

Thanks for reading

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

I think it works only with internal activities.

Regards

Nicolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you extremely much ^_^

I think I owe you my life

But this is very strange though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear and everyone who looks into this.

Check this out, based on your reply I dug down and figured it out.

The Planned Delivery date for a material component is transferred <<Only from Material Master ""MRP2"">> into the duration field in internal tab for the activity. it doesn't copy the value from the material component.

The scheduling of the internal activity takes values from "Duration" in internal tab and transfers it to the "Duration" in Dates tab. the value in Duration in Dates tab is the only value effective for scheduling.

The scheduling of external activity inherits the dates duration from the Planned Delivery Time in EXTERNAL tab for the activity. and this is where we have a problem.

Solution:

• The scheduling is related to the control key in an activity
  • The control key determines the very nature of an activity
  • You need to make the external activity copy dates from duration field in internal tab
  • Go to the control key configuration "OPSU" copy the control key PS02 to PS20
  • in PS20 tick the check-box "Shced. external op."
  • Go to Network Profile configuration "OPUU" choose your profile and enter the control key PS20 for the External Activity in "Activities" tab.

• Now try to create an external activity and assign material components to it then copy planned delivery times --> & Enjoy Scheduling

Thank you for the Guidance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your feedback, this is very useful to me too .

Nicolas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you check this out please ? I'm desperate for an answer

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply Eng. Saurabh

After viewing all the three links I found that I've already done what's in link 1 & 2

as for the thread, it is not the problem I'm facing. I am facing a problem with copying the planned delivery time from material components to superior activity.

However, I tried setting the Start in the Past value to 999 as the thread said, maybe it's the answer, and nothing changed.

New Information

When I go to edit the Network in Special Maintenance CN22, go to the component overview, choose the component (Aligned to finish date) then go to "component" the "Duration dlv. time" option is Inactive.

Any Ideas !!!