cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imbedded Image in Email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again experts! Now that my script is executing properly, I'm having a new issue. When I use uSendSMTPMessage to send a notification, I have an HTML file that I'm using as my message body. This message also has a base64 encoded JPG image file in it. It loads great in a browser but Outlook won't load the image. Any suggestions on how to get Outlook to display the image in my message?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Brandon,

As I recall, the file has to be on the server and accessed in reference to that server.  I'm pretty sure the location should be specified via UNC (\\SERVER\folder\folder\file)

Also check permissions on that folder so that the service account running the dispatcher has access.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that first before using base64 encoding to actually code the image directly into the HTML of the e-mail. No matter what, Outlook treats the image as harmful and blocks it unless you opt to show it. I just want Outlook to trust it and show the image as soon as the email arrives. I showed the email to the team and told them I was having some trouble with the image display but that I'd get it fixed and the PM just told me to take it out. Isn't necessary so don't waste time on it.

So in the end, I don't need it but I'd still like to know how to get around Outlook's trust issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you look into the Junk/Junk Email Options/Safe Senders? Try adding your originator address there and see if it makes a difference. If it does you could check if it's possible to get the originator email address added as a trusted sender through the group policy or other distribution method throughout the company. Perhaps it's enough for it to be in the global address book if the "trust contacts" option is used. You could also try to link the logo from an inhouse content-server if you have one.

Br,

Per Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once this development is done and implemented, I'll give that a shot. Like I said, the PM is OK with omitting the image. He just wants the solution in place. Once that's done, maybe I'll have some time to play around with getting the image to work.