cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validate Add task: What is the corrected status once rejected ?

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

In IDM 7.2 SP8+ I'm developing my custom provisioning tasks. I have a repository with the account privilege (plus technical privilege as well). And I have assigned the following member event tasks:

• The Validate Add task which does my own custom validation.
  • The Add Member task which does my own custom provisioning to external system.

At the moment my custom Validate Add task checks the given user and rejects the assignment always (just for testing purpose). To reject the assignment I set MX_ATTR_STATE attribute of the PVO to state = "3" which means Rejected status according to IDM documentation.

At runtime I see that the Validate Add task is executed as I expected. And the Add Member task is not executed (skipped) - this is also goes as I expected.

However, I can't understand the final status of my assignment. When I check the assignment after the validate add task is finished I see the following attributes in the IDMV_LINK_...:

• mcAddAudit is NULL. It looks Ok as the Add Member task was not executed.
  • mcExecState = 512 (Running). This is what I do not understand. Why is it so if my assignment was rejected ?? It shall be set to 2 (Rejected) or something is wrong here ?
  • mcLinkState = 1 (Inactive link).
  • mcValidateAddAudit contains audit ID of the Validate Add task with task status = Task OK.

So it looks like my assignment is still pending (running). Shall I finalize it somehow manually to Rejected status ? Shall I invoke anything else in the Validate Add task to finalize my assignment in the Rejected status ??

I am asking cause in my scenario the assignment sticks in the pending state. And IDM does not process the assignment second time anymore as it thinks that it's still in the progress.

Many thanks for your help.

The issue really blocks me.

Regards, Siarhei

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eventually I enhanced the Validate Add task to remove the pending privilege if result of validation is negative (Rejected).

• If validation is Ok it proceeds further to Add Member task.
  • If validation is NOT OK it rejects the assignment and removes the pending privilege from the user.

BR, Siarhei

Answers (0)