Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GRC - ERM - Role update issue - Business Process and Subprocess

adesa28
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Friends:

We are NOT currently maintaining Business processes or sub processes in GRC 5.3 for all roles. We don't want to maintain them in GRC 10 when we upload the roles. These 2 fields are Mandatory in GRC 10.0 - Can we make them NOT mandatory and leave them blank?? Currently we are facing some issues in uploading the roles

Please advise.

Regards

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish,

If you wish to use BRM for role maintenance then, yes.. you have to fill in the details for Business process and sub-process.

There is no way to make these as not mandatory.

What exactly you are facing as issue while importin the roles?

Ameet

adesa28
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Ameet:

I just dislike the idea where SAP has made options for Business Process and Subprocess columns mandatory in uploading the roles as well from backend.

I am NOT using BRM, but still need to upload the roles for SAP to recognize them to be assigned to the users in GRC 10.0

I was facing the issues in uploading the roles initially, but now i have made it simple - just assign all the roles without the information of being FI or SD or Mm - to IT00 business process and sub process. So, all the roles are now uploaded to the system. I was just curious to know if they can me made Non-mandatory field by any settings.

But anyways, thanks for your input.

Regards

Ashish Desai

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AndrzejP
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

as far as I know - no, if you do not plan to use them you could put for example value "not defined", but those values are required.

Regards, Andrzej