Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar Entry and Pop up in SAP Visual Composer 7.3

former_member193085
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to Visual Composer. Trying to learn the Design and Layout in VC 7.3.

I searched and found few docs but could not find the step by step method for following:

1. How to design calendar entry in Layout

2. Pop up display for a field (Input selection)

3. Using nested loop

How to design the above scenario. Please provide me the links, if any. Appreciate your efforts.

Regards,

Nitesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have some short answers, please say if something is not clear:

1. You could define a Date  / Date Time field in the Define Data dialog box. Or connect model elements to a data service that has such a field in its interface.

2. Please see steps in: Creating Entry Lists - Modeling Composite Views with Visual Composer - SAP Library

3. In general, if you mean performing loops like in "regular" programming languages, this is not were VC strength shows. Even if you could make the loop, you can't really perform too many manipulations there. You could present your desired scenario and we see how VC could support it

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Udi

former_member193085
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ehud,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I got the solution for static input values but I am not able to understand what modelling should I do in Design tab to populate the dynamic values.

1 more thing....

For Date Field, I want to pop up month calendar to select the desired date. I have selected the required button from Compose tab in Layout VIew. Do I need to make any change in DEsign view also?

eg....

Input Field:

1. Student Id     ---------  User should be able to select dynamic Id.

2. Date of Birth  ---------  User should be able to select Date of Birth from calendar.

Table View:

1. Student Id

2. Date of Birth

3. Marks

Request you to guide me on this for Design View and Layout view.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nitesh

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I'll try to get a more detailed example, by me or one of the team. Sorry for the delay!

Thanks,

Udi

former_member193085
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Udi,

Thank you for your response.

Thing is that I am able to take the calendar UI in the Layout diagram but it's just a visible entry. It is not working.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks a lot .

Regards,

Nitesh

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

About the Date control:

The Date Picker control must be wired to a field in order to be operable in run-time. In this first example it is not, and the layout shows a preview of it appearance in run-time as disabled:

When the Control is wired, we see it as an expression in the Value property:

Then also in run-time it works:

Option 1 - define a field:

The field we use as Value could be defined in the Form View itself, using Right Click => Define Data:

Adding a field also adds a corresponding control. You could manage the control type in the Control column in this dialog (or choose to have no control).

Option 2:

The field could be defined in a predecessor element, and the Form View only consumes it:

Option 3:

The value is an expression based on other elements in the model, for example a Data Share here. Open the expression editor to help you define the expression for the Value:

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Udi

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nitesh,

Here's a live recording, at its beginning I think is what you need:

- Modeling input and output of a data service.

- Changing the input control to contain a Dynamic Entry List.

See recording here: modeling_live_session_25_05_2011

See more recorded sessions: SAP Visual Composer - Recorded Sessions | Facebook

Thanks,

Udi

former_member193085
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Udi,

Thank you so much for your honest efforts for making me understand these concepts.

Thank you so much .

Regards,

Nitesh

Answers (0)