cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate Start profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In a Windows env, the profile ( Default/Start/Instance) dir got deleted. I recreated the folder \usr\sap\xxx\SYS\profile\profile.How to get back the profiles? Can I use RZ10 and save and get it? can anyone help me how to resolve this? System is still in running.

Thanks,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

Yes i too accept but i dont think there is any other alternate, after going to RZ11 you down lode the file to your local pc this can be done as menu optin system ---> list ---> save --- > local file.could not be a problem even a text file can serve the perpose.I am sure that, we can down lode the files into db level.I suggest you take copies of all profiles i mean Default profile, Start profilealso also.

Regards..

S.Manu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

When you choose a latest version of the profile and activate it, it saves that version of the file in OS level. RZ10 -> Choose the latest profile and its version-> profile-->activate. If you look at the OS level, it shows the latest timestamp.

Thanks for your interest..

-Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct, if you save/activate the profiles the timestapms will chage at OS level.

Cheers,

-Sunil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry the T code is RZ10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Thanks for your quick help. I noted down the profile parameters.But I feel there should be better way to do it..If I copy and activate new version, will it create a new file?

Thanks,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, what should be the file type for "Start" and "Instance" profile files? it says file type as "File" ? How to get this file type? Can I use .txt file?

Thanks,

Raj

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam

Do one thing i think it will works in this case.Importent thing is that you dont shut down the system.Usually we do import profiles into Db level that is why the system is still up.you do one thing go to RZ11 in extended mode open the startup profile select display then press Shift + F6 twice you will get content of all start up profile.Copy it to text file save it and place it in profile directry.If you find _ (under score) at the bigining of the line (only) remove it.I hope it will help you.

Regards...

S.Manu