cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate record in Condition record table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

when we create a record in the same access and in same validity period with same processing status. System give a popup of overlapping the dates and short close the existing record.

But we are facing issue if existing record status is released and when we create record with the same validity period  with block status, system not splitting the condtion and save with the same validity period and after that system give a error massage in VK12 for duplicate insertion.

I want that system will split the condition record even if existing condition record with different release status.

Please help.

Regards,

Lucky verma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

adithya_velide
Participant
0 Kudos

hi .

as far as my knowledge in the condition records , validity periods will be copied from the condition type validity period. u can do in other way that, for the same condition type  copy another condition type. and in the first one maintain 1st validityu period. and in the copy maintain the period from where u wanna see the split inthe condition records. that will be automatically determined in to the condition records.

I think it might help.

thanks,

ADITHYA.

former_member190778
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear adithya,

OP Needs to maintained condition record by using same condition on same time frame validity and this is standard behavior system will overlap the records. that's why i need to know about this business scenario by OP.

Regards,

Suhaib Bin Aziz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I maintained a pricing in VK11 with customer/Material access with validity of 01 jan to 31 jan after that through workflow condition record processing status will change from blocked to release status.

In the middle of the month pricing get changed. now I maintain pricing in Vk11 with same access sequence with validity 15 june to 31 june with block status.

Now as per sap standard, system change the validity period of first condition upto 14 jan. but due to different processing status system does't change validity period automatically and save with the same validity period.

Now when I  run VK12 than system terminate the transaction with the error of duplicate record in table.

Regards,

adithya_velide
Participant
0 Kudos

hi dear,

if possible try to check the validity periods in the the perticular condition type in tcode: v/06 of the condition record.normally the periods will be copied from here. is there any enhancement that not to change the validity period in the conditon records. this might be the case i think. cause as you said when u create condition record again in the system, it is not over writing the previous condition record as in standard sap. and duplication is taking place.

regards.

former_member190778
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Lucky,

I understand your scenario, when you create Condition Record at the first time in Vk11 by block status "A" lets say 01.01.2014 till 31.01.2014. Afterward you change the processing status as "C" release. at the middle of the month you come up with new price so you maintain with processing status "A" from 15.01.2014 till 31.01.2014, system will not stop you at that time because processing status is with blocked. when you release this status into "C" . system will not allow you to do so why because this is standard behavior that when you have an existing record with same Access Sequence, Condition, processing status and Validity. system will not overwrite it until or unless you change the from date as same as you have already maintain.

If you want to propose your date while creating condition record, you have to change your settings in V/06 Valid From and Valid to as "No proposal" so that you can maintain your own validates but when ever you have to create new condition record at the same time (in middle of the month) you have to manually change the first one as 14.01.2014. this is because as i have mentioned system cannot allow two condition record as the same time with your same characteristics. Furthermore you can ask freely if you have any query.

Please go through this information too. hope this will clear your understanding.

Validity Periods - Pricing and Conditions (SD-BF-PR) - SAP Library  Thanks

Regards,

Suhaib Bin Aziz

former_member190778
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Lucky,

Can you please elaborate shortly that why you need to maintain different condition record on same validity and with same tables and fields with different statuses? actually i want to know that business scenario because as per my understanding there is no need of duplicate condition records on same validity . please explain your business scenario !

Regards,

Suhaib Bin Aziz