cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Budget Exceeded" error not appearing at the time of changing PR but appearing at the time of PO change.

prabhakar_vemuri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

At the time of PR value change after creation of PO budget exceeded error is not appearing even though the PR value exceeds the budget. But at the time of changing the same value in PO, budget exceeded error is appearing.

List of steps:

PR created.

PR released

PO created with reference to PR and released.

PR value changed to a value more than the available budget - No budget exceeded error.

PO value changed in accordance with the PR - System throwing the budget exceeded error.

Now the issue is why the system bypassed the budget exceeded error at the time of PR value change and only giving the error at the time of PO value change. Also, we observed that while changing the quantity in PR which results in exceeding budget, system is giving the error. But while changing the value system is not giving the budget exceeded error.

Your inputs will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the UoM of the material for which you are changing the quantity?

It seams its a quantity based PR and not the value based.

Kindly check in t-code CUIN for the respective UoM whether the 'Value-based commitment' check box is ticked or not.

Regards

Saurabh

prabhakar_vemuri
Explorer
0 Kudos

" Value based commitment" check box is ticked for the unit of measure.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in CJI5 whether system is capturing PR commitment or not and revert.

Thanks

prabhakar_vemuri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

Thank you for your inputs. Below is the output of CJI5.

Ref,Doc Category  Debit Date     Oty       Object    Cost Elem.   Val/CO Area Crcy   Total Qty.     UM

PREQ                  28.05.2014    WBS     XXXXXX    XXXXXX           0.00                         0            EA

POrd                    28.05.2014    WBS                                       14,000.00                1000          EA

From the above output i think system is not capturing the PR commitment. I'm not sure as i'm basically into MM and  dont know much about PS.

Why the system is stopping with budget exceeded error at the time of PR creation and not giving any error while changing the PR value after PO creation. System is giving budget exceeded error if quantity is changed in PR. Please explain the standard system behavior and suggest how to enable control at the time of PR value change.

Thanks in advance.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please check whether the 'Supress' indicator is activated for cost element.?

Also check whether SAP note 955106,955107 is implemented in your system.

Also, have a look on SAP notes 47992 and 152571.

Regards

Saurabh

prabhakar_vemuri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know where i can check the cost element and the Supress indicator. For G/L account or in WBS element display??

Thanks in advance.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in OPI2.

Thanks

adam_sobkowicz2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Probably it is a programm error.

Check a SAP note: 574187

I hope it a little help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please ask your CO consultants to provide you with statistical cost elements of category 90 for the inventory G/Ls used in your system.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please search the forum for this query.

It has been discussed many times in the forum already.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your tolerance limit against budget profile. Is there Tr. Grp is '++' or not?

SPRO->PS->Cost-> Budget->Define tolerance limit.

Regards

Shishir

prabhakar_vemuri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes Tr. Grp is "++"