cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompletion Log does not prevent Quotation from creating Sales Order

0 Kudos

The Incompletion Log entries in a Quotation fail to restrict a Sales Order from being created.  I have checked all settings available to me using the Incompletion Procedure, but there doesn't seem to be an option to keep the Order from being created no matter what I do. 

I have added multiple fields to the Incompletion Procedure which show up in the Incompletion Log of the Quotation when it is created.  However, no settings which I can make will wholly block the Quotation from moving to an Order.  When looking at the available settings for the Status Groups, there are not even any settings for Sales Order, and the General setting does not stop anything.

I have checked for Notes and other posts on the Forum.  The closest one was: but that did not have a definitive answer.

I am hoping someone can help me out.  Do I need to write a new Copy Control Requirement that will look at the Incompletion Log and block the Order?  Or will something else work?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

the control of being able to reference or not an incomplete document

is accomplished on the SD copy control from your Source sales document to your target sales document

for example, if copying a Quote (QT) into a sales order (OR)

you will have on this area: (SPRO > SD > Sales > Maintain Copy Controls for Sales documents )

"Copying Control: Sales Document to Sales Document"

an entry for your source and target combination should be there

and under the Copy requirement area, you need to have a VOFM that has such code (like 001)

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric

I just tried. I was able to restrict order creation when quote was incomplete.

Please check your in-completion field Status Group.

If possible share us your in-completion procedure settings.

Thanks

Karthik

0 Kudos

Thanks for pointing this out.  We are currently using a different routine which only issues a warning.

Answers (0)