cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Conversion Objects for PLM WebUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need inputs around what should be the data conversion strategy for objects such as Access Control Context, Assigning users and data objects to a context,  Syncronization unit for e-BOM to m-BOM etc when migration to SAP PLM 7.03.

Also, what tools should be used to mass create or upload them.

Regards,

Zoheb Hasan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Tudor,

My Client is currently using Agile PLM and they are already collaborating with external partners for documents, BOM’s,etc.

Now, when we go live in SAP, I want know what are the options available to migrate this information in SAP PLM. We are using ACM, so I wanted know what tools or procedures are
available to migrate the existing information to SAP PLM.

Also, client is currently not using E-BOM, but there is a need to use E-BOM going forwards to use the E-BOM to M-BOM synchronization functionality. If we create the standalone E-BOM
and M-BOM, how can we link them together to start using the synchronization functionality.

Thanks once again
for your valuable responses.

Regards,

Zoheb Hasan

TudorRiscutia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Zoheb,

Well, I guess you have a really interesting topic to work on

I don't have any hands-on experience with this, but from theoretical point of view I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be possible.

SAP created a lot of tools and means to migrate data from legacy systems (SAP or non-SAP). The only "problem"  with these tools is that they weren't specifically tailored to another solution (for example (Oracle) Agile PLM, or even (Siemens) TeamCenter PLM). They are more generic and require additional work.

You will need to use some additional components, like XI or PI server, in order to port data and load the items. Basically, you'll need to define some web services in order to do the data transfer (via xml or idocs).

There are some available tools on the market for specific integration (like R/3 to Agile), but these will add extra cost to your project.

Hope this helped...

Tudor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tudor,

Thanks for the response.

I am planning to use manual conversion to do the data load. Will update this post later with my experience  

Regards,

Zoheb Hasan

TudorRiscutia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Zoheb,

What exactly are you migrating from? If it's the case of a legacy PDM system, most of the stuff doesn't require any migration, as the base layer of the PLM framework is based on the same database objects...

Tudor