cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updation Of table J_1IEXCDTL for EXBAS field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During creation of the challan 57F4, The assessable value was zero & user might have ignored the warning message. Therefore the value is not updated

in the excise item details table.

Afterwards he maintained it in J1ID but the table is not updated, Now the problem is while reversing the challan he is getting the error "Assesable value 0 for material XXXX Message 8I 257",

To come out of this problem I want to update the (assessable value) EXBAS in table J_1IEXCDTL, but dont know the points to be considered while editing the table, Kindly help me There were few documents which I need to update, Please tell me best procedure to do it,

whether am I following the correct way or there is any workaround for this ??

I have changed the Message to Error now so that this problem will not come.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check whether you can maintain the message 8I 257 as warning message and cancel the document. (Sorry, I couldnt test the same.) Refer the note: 368150 - Configurable Messages are missing in CIN30A which says that the message 8I 257 is configurable.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply,

I have changed the message from Warning to Error for J1IF01 t code, ie at the time of creation of challan, so that the EXBAS field would have some value after challan creation,

and there would not be any problem while reversing the same challan after 180days , so that I will not get message Accessible Value zero for J1IF13 t code

In my case, previous post,  I have EXBAS=0.00 hence i unable to reverse the challan, thats why I want to update the table,

Thanks

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

While reversing, you are getting the message 8I 257, right. Can you make this message as warning message and try to reverse again.

Regards,

AKPT

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How come your post and the one posted by Krishna here are almost similar?

Reversing Sub contracting Challan | SCN

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G. Lakshmipathi,

I referred this post mentioned by you for the problem occurred in my system,

I wanted to be sure that is table updation is the only way or is there any work around hence opened a new discussion,

I tested in my DEV it is fine, also the suggestion given by AKPT also works,

Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whatever be the reason, the contents of your post should always be on your own and any deviation on this, is strictly prohibited.  Please adhere to forum rules.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Noted.

I explained my problem with the help of post which I found which is similar to my case and probable solution suggested/advised.

I updated the table now the user is able to reverse the challan,

Thanks for all your help,

K J