cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No STMS on Web AS Java?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear forum users,

I've installed a Web AS Java using the "SAP Netweaver '04 SR 1 -> Java System -> Oracle -> Central system". Now I noticed that I can't logon using the SAP Gui, thus I can't use the Transport Management system. The problem is:

We wanted to build up a central system with a JDI, in which all work from decentral development computers is collected- both ABAP AND Java development! How can I set up somthing like that? Do I have to install an ABAP System with a Java add-on, so that both -the JDI and the STMS- is available?

Your suggestions will be appreciated!

Regards,

Volker

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Web AS JAVA (pure Java instance) doesn't come with the ABAP functionality...

There are 2 types...

ABAP+JAVA

and

Pure JAVA

you have chosen to install JAVA hence it is installing the Pure JAVA only.

Instead during the installation choose the ABAP version, this version comes along with J2EE (JAVA).

Regards,

Siddhesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, I didn't know that a Java Server is installed per default if you choose to install ABAP.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It does come with a Pure ABAP only feature too... as per the following

SAP Web Application Server comes with three installation options to match the customer’s need in mission critical environments.

· ABAP and Java

Complete infrastructure to develop and run ABAP and J2EE-based applications. This installation focuses on a seamless Java-ABAP integration. It is designed for productive use in large-scale environments.

· Java only

Complete infrastructure to develop and run J2EE-based applications. This installation is designed for productive use in large-scale environments.

· ABAP only

Complete infrastructure to develop and run ABAP-based applications. This installation is designed for productive use in large-scale environments.

· Java Developer Workplace

Complete infrastructure to develop and run J2EE based applications in a single-user system.

Please read this space.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/de/c8fe3e432fd861e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Siddhesh