Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNC, external security products

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We want to enable SNC in our environment. When i read the SNC users guide it say that a per-requisite is to install a external security program.

Can someone help me with the names of few external security product and their vendors.

We use password log on in our environment and no SSO is implemented.There is no AD integration as well.

Please help me with few security programs.

Thanks!!!

Saurabh Gautam

5 REPLIES 5

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is against SCN rules to mention third party products on this forum. I suggest you visit http://store.sap.com and search using keywords such as "single sign-on"

The SAP Store contains details of all SAP products as well as products that are SAP Certified and from SAP Partners.

Thanks

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tim for the prompt response.

But is it necessary to have SSO for enabling SNC. Can't it be achieved without SSO.

Thanks!!!

Saurabh Gautam

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it is possible to use SNC without SSO and still use Active Directory credentials when logon to SAP systems. The SAP password is not needed anymore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Our basic requirement is to set the parameter snc/enable =1 and if we do so we are not able to login to SAP. we don't want to set snc/accept_insecure_gui= 0 so we need to configure SNC on the server.

Now if we do not use SSO and Active directory credentials are used for SNC than in that case AD integration is required. We have different domains for SAP servers and users AD.

Can you provide us the link to setup SNC without SSO.

Apologies to trouble you but I am a bit confused as how to set that particular parameter in the environment.

Thanks!!!

Saurabh Gautam

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can help you with this and explain everything, but I cannot do that inside this forum. I have already explained above that it is not possible to discuss third party products on SCN.