cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error calling method of a PBNI object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are facing issue of "Error calling method of a PBNI object". We are calling web services of WCF after some time to refresh data.We need help to solve this issue as we have to go live with client.

It's really urgent!

Regards

Imran Zaheer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Imran.

Just a guess.

Please check if all DLLs are from the same Powerbuilder build.

We've already had something like this here, because we were deploying our projects in a specific Build, but the server machine had a diferente Build version.

Take a look at the  Sybase DLLs inside the GAC_2 and GAC_MSIL folders.

Right click them and check properties option ->details tab -> file version.

Check both machines, the developer's and the server's one. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lira,

Thanks for your suggession.

The version of the dll's were different now it seems problem is resolved. But we are still testing it if we face the issue again I will again coordinate.

Thanks again

Imran Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran;

Unfortunately, I do not think that this gives us much to work with to deduce your problem.

Can you tell us ...

1) PB version & Build?

2) MS-Window version?

3) Why are you using PBNI and what kind of class are you utilizing in that context?

4) What error(s) codes and messages are you getting?

5) Why are you not using PB.net that supports WCF natively (I wish PB classic did)?

6) Can you lightly describe your over-all architecture and application approach to Web Services?

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your concern.

1) PB version & Build?

PB builder 12.5.2 build 5609

2) MS-Window version?

Windows 7 professional.

3) Why are you using PBNI and what kind of class are you utilizing in that context?

We are calling webservices through soap objects.

4) What error(s) codes and messages are you getting?

we get "Error calling method of a PBNI object"

5) Why are you not using PB.net that supports WCF natively (I wish PB classic did)?

For this we need to convert our whole application in PB.Net which is not feasible for us.

6) Can you lightly describe your over-all architecture and application approach to Web Services?

We have replace EASERVER with WCFserver and we are calling webservices for fetching( pulling) data from WCF server. It's a soft of 3 tier architecture.

Regards .... Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the new information!

OK .. I am confused as to why you are using PBNI because PB Classic supports SOAP natively via the Proxy Project, SOAP Connection object, etc as found in PB Classic's  pbsoapclient125.pbd (Soap) or pbwsclient125.pbd (.Net) libraries found in the PB IDE installation folder.

Note: One of the above mentioned PBD's must be added to your PB application's library list and you must only use one of these - depending if you are using the SOAP or .NET engine.

HTH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because pbsoapclient###.pbd is the object wrapper for the PBNI extension pbsoapclient###.pbx.

Perhaps the .pbx file wasn't included in his deployment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, but he shouldn't be using PBSoapClientXXX.pbd at all.  That's EasySoap and it's way out of date.

Use the PBWSClientXXX.pbd instead.  That's the .NET class for the SOAP interface.

-Paul-

former_member190719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's a good chance that neither would be able to handle the results unless the WCF service has specified the XMLSerializer for serializing the data.  By default, WCF services use the DataContractSerializer.

Using the XmlSerializer Class