cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call a view without event handler onaction method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have develop a WD application. It has three views let view1, view2 and view3.

In view1 one button is there (onaction) which navigates to view2 through outbound plug  wd_This->Fire_Out_Screen1_Plg(   ). where Out_Screen1 is outbound plug of view1.

Now view2 appears , I want that after 10 seconds view2 automatically call view3, without action on view2.

I have written like  wd_This->Fire_OUT_SCREEN2_Plg(  ). where OUT_SCREEN2 is outbound plug of view2, which navigates to inbound plug of view3.

But its not working. Please suggest how to and where to write code to call a view without action .

for ur ref.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bustamantejt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Have you tried using the UI element TIMED_TRIGGER in the second view and setting the property delay to 10 seconds and creating an action where you can trigger the outbound plug to the third view?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/da/a6884121a41c09e10000000a155106/content.htm

have a look @ given link ,which will helps with Timed trigger Concept.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rama, Kiran and Thomas for ur replies.

How to insert audio/music in view of web dynpro unlike images ?

so that when appplication will run for a particular view ( an audio will also get played).

can we attached audio to a view of WD views.

Message was edited by: Dharmkrit Bhagat

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhagat,

Yes, you can attach media objects into a view

• Using IFRAME ui element and html mime object.

Please refer the below link

To insert video in webdynpro - Web Dynpro ABAP - SCN Wiki

• Using Flash Islands

Here, you need to have your audio/video file as flash object

Please refer the below tutorial on flash islands( a generic example )

Adobe Flash Islands for Webdynpro ABAP

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhagat,

Use Timed trigger ui element and bind the delay property to a context attribute of type I & set the default value 10 to the context attribute. Create an action for timed trigger and write the logic to fire the plug to VIEW3.

Whenever any action on VIEW2, write the code in WDDOMODIFYVIEW( ) of view2 to reset the delay to 10 sec again. So, that only if no action for 10 sec the VIEW3 will be shown.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In view 2 create a TimedTrigger UI element with delay 10 and create an event handler for Action of Timed Trigger UI. In the action handler write the code to fire to 3rd view.

Regards,

Kiran