cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy receiver channel with HTTP destination or URL address?

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario as below:

(Webservice Client)SOAP --> PI --> PROXY(SAP ECC).

A webservice client calls PI using SOAP. PI then sends the request to SAP ECC using PROXY.

I am using AAE. Therefore I have ICO.

In the receiver PROXY channel I have given:

ADAPTER TYPE: SOAP

Transport Protocol: HTTP

Message Protocol: XI3.0.

Under connection parameters:

Addressing Type dropdown as 2 entries HTTP destination and URL address.

In what cases i should use HTTP destination and URL address respectively?

Which option is preferred?

Do they work same or differently? How?   

When I select HTTP destination where should I create the corresponding RFC destination? In PI ABAP stack using SM59 or PI NWA?

If this HTTP destination is created in PI ABAP stack using SM59 then what type it should be? H? or G? 

Thanks

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

In creating XI receiver communication channel, you have 2 options for Addressing Type:

1. URL Address - no need to create RFC destination. You just have to specify the XI receiver host name, HTTP port, path (/sap/xi/engine?type=receiver), Authentication data (logon details for SAP Client number of the PI system).

2. HTTP Destination - create RFC destination in SXMB_ADM and specify the RFC destination name in your receiver communication channel.

For SAP documentation, see this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/f4/0a1640a991c742e10000000a1550b0/content.htm?frames...

Regards,

Naveen.

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

What do you mean by create HTTP RFC destination via SXMB_ADM? Will this create rFC destination in PI NWA (java stack) or PI ABAP stack (SM59)?

Moreover I don't see any option in SXMB_ADM to create RFC destination for receiver proxy channel.

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gopalkrishna,

You need to create RFC destination in NWA of PI system. And then use the same RFC destination name in your Proxy receiver channel.

About the choice of using HTTP destination or URL? HTTP destination is suggested, because in future if you change the details of the system to be pointing to, then you can just change it in the RFC destination and it will be applicable for all the channels. If you use URL address, then you have to change the details manually in each and every channel.

For example, you may have to change the ECC client to which data needs to be posted, then only changing the RFC destination will be a big help.

Regards,

Nitin Deshpande