Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct storage of archive file into external storage system

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a requiremnt of archiving material master data into external server called content server. Till now archived (deleted from MM_MATNR) data into local sap folder (C:/temp) . 

Here i have TWO quations :

1. In SARA t-code we have a option for storage selectiion .how can go with this ??

2. Is there any chance to delete and than store into external server  when i reached WRITE and READ phase on SARA ?

Regards,

chandu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

You can configure Content server repository firstly using OAC0.

Then you need to maintain the content repository in archiving object specific customization (SARA -> <Archiving Object> -> Customizing -> Technical Setting)

Once the above configuration done. You can schedule the storage jobs later.

(SARA -> <Archiving Object> -> Management -> (Select the archiving session) -> Storage -> Store files)

It will schedule the storage jobs

Refer to step 2 screen shot in the link below where we see option for specifying the content repository name for storage.

http://www.sap4u.org/media/userfiles/articles/pdf/33.pdf

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Deepak kori,

Thaks alot for sharing useful document .

I followed the thinngs up to delete job but unable to store into content server. here am postingmy delete job screen shot and technical setup .

Oac0 :

file:

let me know any changes required . we have to store archive files into content server.

Regards,

chandu.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

Have you specified your content repository here as you see a section in screen shot below "Place file in storage system"

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Could you please tell me how can I view the archived change logs of Technical settings for the field Content Repository. Actually I am trying to find out when the Content Repository was changed and what was the change but I am not able to.

I tried to click on Utilities --> Change Log and selected Archived logs check box but I am not able to retrieve to see what was changed, please suggest.

Thanks

Aditya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I did the same thing, than only got storage system option on SARA. here onwords i cannot go forward where is the issue ?  There is no repository connection issues.

Regards,

chandu.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

In your response above for file:

Do not specify the path of content server here.

Here you need to specify some temp path on the SAP server . This will act as exchange directory during the archiving process.

When you execute store action it will copy the files from exchange directory to content server.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

please refer to the online help docu:

1) configuration steps for logical filenames and store step:

a) Defining Logical Path and File Names. - Data Archiving in the ABAP Application System - SAP Library

b) File Storage to Storage System - Data Archiving in the ABAP Application System - SAP Library

2) execution of file creation and the store step:

a) Creating Archive Files - Data Archiving in the ABAP Application System - SAP Library

b) Storing Archive Files - Data Archiving in the ABAP Application System - SAP Library

On the other hand you can find many other helpful info there.

Also pelase refer to the IMG documentation. Transaction SPRO -> SAP Customizing Implementation Guide -> SAP NetWeaver -> Application Server -> System administration -> Data Archiving

Best regards,
Janos