cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock removal issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

To make a finish product of hose i need to pick different components as per order. In that I need to pick a hose for example : 50 EA. If I see physically in storage type I can get 50 EA, greater than 50 EA and less than 50 EA but for example if 100 EA placed in bin earlier than other pieces.

When the user looks for picking 50EA of hose it is giving him 100 EA hose because of FIFO rule , then user to cut the hose and use only for 50 EA. But, we need to make efficient pick I mean system should have picked 50EA because it is available in bin.

Can you please suggest what is the best pick rule to make the efficient pick ? Using EWM 7.0 version.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

a hose? That means probably you do not have EA, but meter or inches as unit, shouldn't it? And you have all kind of lenghts in stock and want the right one?

That you have to build yourself, there is not "best fit" strategy. Because what do you want the system to do when there is no bin with the right lenght (and this is the same with having different quantities in bins and you want the system to propose the bin with the best fitting quantity). For this you need a complete rule framework.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Thank you for your reply. Already defined unit for HOSE product is only EA in system, i don't see any

unit with meter or inches in stock removal table sort fields. Can you please suggest me what should i

do for this case now? I dont have idea on this to define new rule.

Thank you in advance.

Thank you...

Sridhar

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the stock removal table sort fields you will not find any unit, neither meter, inch, nor EA, I would think. And there is no rule you can define in customizing which will fullfil this requirement. You need to figure out which Badis you are going to use and program a logic by yourself to do this.

Brgds

Juergen

Answers (0)