cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset the ID (field CONSNUMBER, desc. Sequence number) of the email in customer master (VD02) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

I've a problem reported by the business where they have deleted the email addresses in customer master (VD02). They are using ID (field CONSNUMBER, desc. Sequence number) to indetify to whom the email needs to be sent and that has been hardcoded in the program.

Now what happeds is that when they insert the new email ID, it always takes the next sequence number which existed in the system. E.g. we had three email IDs and Sequence number were 001, 002 and 003. Now if we delete those, save, come out, again go to tcode VD02 and insert two new IDs, it will take the next two Sequence numbers 004 and 005.

Whenever I add a new one, the sequence number (ID) keeps on increasing each time I add a new email. I need to set an e-mail with the ID 001, but the system always increase this number.

Would really appreciate if you can help me in this? Thanks.

Best Regards,
Taran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Venkat. There is no way to reset this identifier and it shouldn't have been hardcoded in the first place. Either just pick the first item available or create a special function to identify such contacts and add them as contact persons. Either way this should never be based on the field that is essentially just a counter.

venkateswarareddy_medam
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Taran,

Can you please replace the old emial id with the new one. don't delete the line just change the email id which contains the sequence number 001.

I hope it resolves your problem.

Regards,

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

Thanks for the reply. This has already been told to business but the issue is that if someone deletes it unknowingly or by mistake, what should we do? We cannot keep this open ended.

We also need to correct the entries already deleted. Thanks.

BR,

Taran

venkateswarareddy_medam
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear taran,

Ask the ABAPer to change the hard coded values in the program.Ask him to pick the all values and sort those values and pick the first entry from that list.

Regards,

Venkat