cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS-No copy originals in new version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello expert

In DMS when create new version SAP copy previous version originals in new version.

How can control this issue, originals no copy in new version.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ali,

Better to crete new document info record and attach original .

Regards,

chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Document versions are used to represent the different changes of a document and Originals. So Originals will be obviously copied in next version of DIR/Document because of if someone wants to change in originals too.

If you don't want the originals in next versions of DIRs, then you have to manually delete it.

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client need no delete manually.

Regards.

Ali.

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ali ,

First undestand the version concept.

If you continue with the same object than automatically originals will also copy. New version will keep original on track to do changes with latest . In future came to know that what are changes done on document with respective version selection.

Regrds,

chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

My problem is my client not generate document ,subcontractor generate and send to my client, for Example my DIR is(1110 ENG 000 00(version)) and subcontractor generate new version and send to Client , my client staff register document in DMS and find document and  click new version all originals In version 00 copy to new version i need best solution when new version create originals file no copy in This version similar object link when you file (when new version = 0 ) object link no copy in new version .

Regards.

Ali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

when new version create originals file no copy in This version similar object link when you file (when new version = 0 ) object link no copy in new version . 

Please elaborate your point clearly. So that experts can help you better.