cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule Set Update - Transactions Missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I’m having an issue when trying to add a transaction to a critical rule which is part of a logical system. When I look up the transaction
against the logical system I can’t find it. But when I look it up against one of the connectors in the logical system I can find it. Any ideas why? I’ve run
all the sync and regenerated the rule set. I’ve also double checked that the connector is part of the logical group.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kyle

I found it worked that way too. Question is whether this is by design or a bug and SAP needs to fix it

The sync jobs for this data is for the physical system (connector) so unless the program searches the systems mapped to the logical system you won't get results

Possibly raise incident with SAP to see what they came back with (or raise an Idea)

Incase someone else jumps in here, which SP are you on?

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen thanks for the response.

I swear in the past you were able to pull in the transaction from the logical system but I can’t remember unfortunately. The person who built this rule set must have added these custom tcode when they did the initial upload. That must be how they were able to put them under the logical system?

I’m wondering though, If I pull a transaction in from a specific connector won’t it only run against that connector when doing analysis? That seems odd since the logical system is to avoid that! How did you handle it? I also found that since the transaction was copied and pasted into the rule set that it’s not being analyzed during analysis.

Maybe I can’t search on the logical system since the transaction doesn’t exist in both ECC systems I have grouped under it?

I am on SP 13 now.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kyle

I'm in same situation myself - can't entirely remember

I do recall, I would enter the physical system to search for the transaction and default permission. Once they appeared, I then manually overwrote the system with the logical connector.

Yes you are right though, you don't want your rule set against the physical system or you would have to configure the same action for each system in your function.

Unless a SAP person jumps in here, it might be worth raising a customer incident?

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Colleen,

Even when I search and save the tcode under the connector, then change the system back to the logical system its overwritten when saved and goes blank. I did run a few tests though and it still seems to be flagging violations even though the description aren't there.

I have a hunch this might be happening because the transaction I am trying to search is only in one of the connectors in the logical system.

I plan to open a message with SAP and will update you when I hear back.

Kyle

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Kyle

I tried it and am on SP14 - it worked for me. I wonder if it's a bug that has come and gone a few times?

I tested with choosing a logical system and then entering SU01 and it appeared.

Did you see: 1802010 - Action not available for a Logical Group while maintaining Functions in SAP Marketplace. Your hunch may be correct.

Regards

Colleen

Answers (0)